The Ascaso Arc Espresso Machine is a good size for a crowded countertop. While compact, it still performs like larger professional machines as demonstrated through good steaming ability and brew results. The Arc was designed as a mid-priced espresso machine that can make decent espresso drinks including lattes, mochas, cappuccinos and the rest of your favorite coffee house drinks.
The Arc features simple to use controls, a powerful pump, a ground coffee holder and an espresso pod holder, an efficient heating element for steaming milk and making hot water, special milk frothing tip, a removable water tank, a cup tray, cup warming surface and a removable drip tray. All this in beautiful, compact, steel housing that fits any kitchen or office.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso Arc Espresso Machine
- Simple Brewing Features - Flip on the center power button to begin heating up the boiler. Two additional buttons let you control the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). LEDs inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Metal Casing - The Ascaso Arc is constructed of steel and stainless steel for maximum durability.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam - Like magic, the wand will make perfect foam. In an instant, the steam wand converts the milk in your 12 or 20 oz. frothing pitcher to lovely foam for lattes and cappuccinos. Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap.
- Quality Brewing Group - The group head (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso's commercial espresso machines, the Arc's group head evenly distributes heat and reduces "hotspots" for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets - Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Arc uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is a coffee holder for ground coffee and one for espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- 67 oz. Water Tank - The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet. The water tank is located on the side to make easy clearance for cupboards.
- 16 BAR Water Pump - The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater - The ARC has a polished stainless steel cup tray and a drip pan underneath, both easy to remove and clean. The cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Brass Boiler - Made of heat distributing brass, this boiler can get up to temperature quickly and stay there, with a fast recycling time. Two thermostats control the temperature for espresso and for steam, and a third that specifically monitors the boiler to protect it from overheating if the machine is left unattended for long periods.
|Case Material||Powder Coated Steel & Chrome|
|Boiler Volume||8.6 oz.|
|Reservoir Size||67 oz.|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Arc Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso Arc Espresso Machine
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Rinse portafilter and baskets after each use.
- Brush brew head gasket area weekly to remove any coffee build-up
- Purge and wipe the steam wand after each use. The Panarello sleeve can also be removed for regular cleaning.