The Ascaso Dream Up V2.0 features a three-way solenoid valve that empties into the reservoir, adjustable pressure valve and includes an aluminum tamper. Ascaso kept the same stylish retro look that the original Dream espresso machine has long been known for and made it available in a wide array of rainbow colors. The V2.0 updated version has removed the previous model's three-way solenoid pipe that was located on the left side of the machine. The three-way solenoid valve now returns to the reservoir for easier access and cleaning.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso Dream Up V2.0 Espresso Machine
- Three-Way Solenoid Valve - This valve releases the excess pressure and moisture from the coffee puck when you are finished brewing, resulting in a drier puck that can be easily smacked into a knock box.
- Simple to Use Controls - Flip on the center power switch to begin heating up the boiler. Two more professional grade rocker switches allow for control of the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). A series of indicator lights inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Aluminum Case - The Dream is constructed of corrosion resistant aluminum for extra long life. The aluminum is then finished in a chip resistant enamel paint. Unlike most espresso machines in this class that are made of steel, the Dream will not rust thanks to the aluminum body. All of the components that make up the construction are designed for long life and low maintenance.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam - Like magic, the wand will make perfect foam. In an instant, the steam wand converts the milk in your 12 or 20 oz. frothing pitcher to lovely foam for lattes and cappuccinos. Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap.
- Quality Brewing Group - The group head (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso's commercial espresso machines, the Dream group head evenly distributes heat and reduces "hotspots" for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets - Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Dream uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is a coffee holder for ground coffee and one for espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- 48 oz. Water Tank - The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet.
- 16 BAR Water Pump - The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater - The Dream has a polished stainless steel drip pan and chrome plated steel cup try, both easy to remove and clean. A unique scratch resistant cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Aluminum Thermoblock - Made of heat distributing aluminum, this thermoblock can get up to temperature quickly and stay there. The water pipes within are made of stainless steel, which makes the Thermoblock less prone to limescale build up.
|How Does it Compare?||
Beautiful design, all metal casing with solid internal components. With a little practice and regular maintenance this machine can product excellent results.
|Tips and Tricks||
Consider pairing it with an Ascaso i-Mini Conical Burr Grinder!
|Reservoir Size||48 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
I have the new Ascaso Dream UP v.2.0 (Aluminum Thermoblock-INOX). As far as I can see the machine is equipped with a 3-way-solonoid valve. But the machine does not have a left steel pipe to the drip tray. It lets pressure out in the water tank.
While this is fine, I was wondering if the machine is capable of backflushing? I wish to have my machine the most fit as possible. There was not blindfilter with the product (ordered in Denmark where I am from), so I am unsure if I can backflush this machine?
If not, how would the best cleaning options be? I always use filtered water in the machine.
Jan Nov 15, 2013
I'm a big believer in YouTube, if you google backflushing ascaso dream machine you might find a more precise answer. Good luck!
Philippe Nov 15, 2013
1st, the Ascaso Brew Head Upgrade Adapter kit.
(unless you use Pods, which I don't) This adapter kit makes the coffee
come through evenly and leaves the appropriate puck. I have had no leakage problems with it in place. The brew head as delivered is a compromise which is very unsatisfying for non-puck heads.
2nd, the larger basket with different bottom configuration; the double shot one for me. It just performs much better than the original and
allows for a bit larger double shot.
Both are available on Seattle Coffee Gear's website.
Hope this helps, Hugh Feb 27, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Can I order these items through you?
David Feb 27, 2013
email for an answer. This is a first for me. I couldn't tell if you were a
customer or one of their customer service people. I see that you are a
customer, just like me. So, if you want these items, go to their website
and search under Ascaso and you'll find them.
Hugh Feb 27, 2013
Tom Aug 3, 2013
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/ascaso-portafilter-57mm Aug 7, 2013
-Tom Aug 7, 2013
Lynn Jun 3, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Dream Up V2.0 Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso Dream Up V2.0 Espresso Machine
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Rinse portafilter and baskets after each use.
- Brush brew head gasket area weekly to remove any coffee build-up
- Purge and wipe the steam wand after each use. The Panarello sleeve can also be removed for regular cleaning.
User Manuals for the Ascaso Dream Up V2.0 Espresso Machine
Note: The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in models produced for the United States.
Videos Featuring the Ascaso Dream Up v2.0 Espresso Machine
AscasoReview by alfredo
Price Value Quality
this machine is beautiful however very sensitive. I've owned it for 7 years and makes great espresso but if not maintained on an ongoing basis if will break down on you.
(Posted on 5/25/14)
Ideal for Reduced European Espresso MenuReview by Brent Wood
Quality Price Value
Story: I received this as a gift for Hanukkah from my fiancee (her way of making me feel included in holiday gift exchanges) as a gift partly due to my weekly expenditure at my local coffee shop and a lengthy conversation on the average annual total which was more than this machine cost. I cannot be happier with the performance of this machine.
Use: I am not a big American style espresso cocktail drinker (refer to the starbucks menu). I opt for the more classical reduced european menu when it comes to my espresso related drinks....especially the macchiato.
Durability: I have been using this machine for over a year now and have not had to replace any parts on it yet. The steam wand has not started to leak yet.
Modifications: So far I have not made many modifications to the Ascaso Dream. After about 6 months of use I noticed a decline in the flavour of shots pulled. I have been descaling every month and I take apart the portafilter and brew head and clean them once every week or two weeks depending on my usage. This decline in flavour led me to start experimenting with the filter. I ended up taking out the pressurised basket and removed the screen with a pair of pliers. I then removed the grey rubber surround and took the screen and put it back in the basket upside-down. Pulled a shot with 24 hour-old roast. Success! Flavour has returned with an added bonus of chocolate brown crema with golden highlights. I have ordered a bottomless portafilter for the machine hoping to pull more crema.
Pros: Surface Clean-ability | Crema Generation | Ease of use | Maintenance Ease | Machined with Durability in mind
Cons: Drippy | Doesn't Come with non Pressurised Basket | Doesn't seem to make a decent "puck" after pulling | No Pressure Blow-off after steaming other than flipping coffee switch
Indifference: Noise | Reservoir Size | Countertop Footprint
Recommendations: Get a different Tamper (57mm), upgrade Brew head (can be found here on seattlecoffeegear), Experiment with unpressurised basket.
Recipe: A Macchiato with the Ascaso Dream:
1. Turn on machine to preheat
2. 1-2 oz of milk readied in pitcher, grind roast and fill/tamp portafilter
3. place bowl on machine and flip coffee switch and brush brew head to clean prior to pulling shot. (IMPORTANT)
4. Steam Milk frothing it a bit then shut off steam switch
5. Blow off steam by flipping coffee switch, hold espresso cup under the brew head while doing this to preheat the cup
6. Load portafilter and pull shot
7. Stir the shot once pulled as this reduces bitterness and rounds out the shot. (IMPORTANT)
8. "Mark" the espresso shot with a spoonful of frothed milk (the foam works the best).
9. Perform any macchiato art and serve.
(Posted on 10/4/13)
Great little machineReview by iberjan
Quality Value Price
My first espresso machine, I've owned one over three years and been very happy with it. I use it several times a day on most days and it makes consistently good shots. So far it has been zero maintenance and completely problem-free. With this machine I've developed an appreciation for coffee and become pretty good at making it. It's a very nice, simple to use entry-level machine, though I can't really compare it to other machines in this price range.
Things to note:
- I found it to be extremely sensitive to grind and tamping pressure. I really only use the red ground Illy coffee with it since I don't have a grinder of my own. Even then I fill the portafilter to the top and make sure to apply a good amount of pressure when tamping.
- The plastic tamper that's included with it is pretty useless and it's not a standard size either, so make sure you get the right diameter tamper for it.
- The milk steamer is only so-so. I find it better to do the milk by hand because it comes out better.
Easy To Use, Great Taste, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 12/13/10)
L-O-V-E it!Review by Kitty La Crosse
Quality Value Price
I bought this machine for my partner for Christmas - partly as a way to stem our expensive daily latte habit. We've quickly found that this machine makes coffee that rivals any that we find elsewhere. We're very talented coffee drinkers, but novice baristas, but we found that we could make great coffee very easily with this machine.We've been using it daily for nearly six months now and don't have a single complaint[...]we wouldn't hesitate to buy here again.
Quick Brewing, Easy To Use, Large Water Container, Great Taste, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 5/28/10)
Our new RED Dream Machine!Review by Randy
Quality Value Price
We are using both the pods and ground coffee. We are experimenting with many different choices of coffee and love the victrola coffees from Seattle. The ground coffee works extremely well with a fine grind tamped as tightly as possible. The crema produced seems to rival just about any machine we have used. The pods produce less crema, but several have been surprising in their full flavor. We do not use it to foam milk as we just use the Bonjour hand frother which is quick to use.
The machine does not disappoint with its beautiful design, real red color, heavy metal construction, and ease of use.
Great Taste, Large Water Container, Quick Brewing, Easy To Clean, Easy To Use
(Posted on 4/7/10)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $17.95
Our Price: $15.29