Simple and consistent, the Ascaco i-Steel Coffee Grinder features a conical primary grinder burr, one of the only professional grade coffee grinders for both home and office use that features such a system. The i-2 uses a 38mm conical grinding wheel with the Micrometric Regulation System (also known as stepless adjustment) to control the quality and consistency of the grind. This improved system allows for unmatched, precise adjustments to the grind setting, which is crucial for creating the best espresso.
Features and Functionality of the Ascaso i-Steel Espresso Grinder
- Doserless for Easy Grinding - Hold portafilter handle directly below spout on front of grinder, press in far enough to depress the grind button, the grinder will begin grinding. Hold until the desired amount of coffee is dispensed.
- Stepless Grind Adjustment - To adjust the grind, turn the knob on the side of the grinder to adjust the grind finer, or turn it the opposite direction to make the grind coarser. Ascaso refers to this it's Micrometric Regulation System (MRS). The adjustment knob allows for infinite grind settings.
- 38mm Conical Burrs - The i-Steel includes 38mm conical grinding burrs attached to a 140 Watt 1200 RPM electric motor. The conical burrs grind fine enough and consistent enough for espresso preparations.
- Large Coffee Bean Hopper - With the ability to store up to 1.3 pounds of coffee beans in the hopper, there is no need to constantly refill the grinder. It will hold enough beans for 60 shots of espresso. It is made of clear shatter resistant plastic and topped with a plastic lid.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||
It is a little bit noisy, but it has a consistent grind and beautiful lines. The metal chute makes it a cleaner process to fill the portafilter.
|Tips and Tricks||
Make sure to run test beans through the grinder while you are adjusting the grind size.
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||15.0000|
|RPM of Burrs||No|
|Case Material||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||1.3 pounds|
|Dosing Options||Doserless/Chute Only|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel|
|Burr Diameter||38mm Conical|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||On/Off Switch Only|
|Material||Brushed Stainless Steel|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Ascaso i-Steel Espresso Grinder
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso i-Steel Espresso Grinder
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your grinder's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Use Urnex Grindz weekly to remove oil residue from grinding burs. Follow instructions on package.
- Remove and wash bean hopper with soapy water every couple of weeks.
User Manuals for your Ascaso i-Series Espresso Grinders
Note: The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in models produced for the United States.
Videos Featuring the ascaso i-Steel Grinder
Great value for nice grinderReview by Adreena
Price Value Quality
I did a lot of research on grinders before purchasing the Ascaso i-Steel. I knew I wanted a step-less grinder for the simple fact that you can dial the espresso to the exact second. I love the steel look of the grinder goes great with my Rancilio Silvia. It is a little annoying to have to knock the grinder to get the excess grinds out. Other then that it's been a great grinder.
(Posted on 7/24/12)
Love itReview by Jim
Price Value Quality
I love this grinder and the wide range of settings...also the ability to adjust the grind to the most minute setting is great. For clean up I have a paint brush (2" wide) to brush the excess into my knock box.
(Posted on 7/17/12)
Pretty great grinderReview by Artusi Pellegrino
Quality Price Value
I use this machine with my Rancilio Silvia. I've had it for about a month now (as of 7/2/12) It does grind beautifully. However, it does create a bit of a mess, and I am still trying to find the most efficient way of cleaning after each use. Coffee does get stuck in the dispenser and I end up have to knock on it in order to expel all grinds. I'm curious to know what other folks think of this machine.
(Posted on 7/2/12)