Have a passion for pour over? The Forte BG Brew Grinder is Baratza's latest addition to its grinder line-up, specially crafted for multiple prep methods! Named best commercial product at SCAA 2013, the Forte BG is a commercial flat burr grinder dedicated to perfecting medium to coarse grinds.
A sleek metal casing houses 54mm flat steel burrs, a high-torque DC motor, and precision weight control. Designed with commercial brew bars in mind, the Forte BG packs a ton of functionality into a tiny footprint. Line up multiples on your brew bar for a grinding power house or bring one home to take your pour over to a whole new level.
Features & Functionality of the Baratza Forte BG Brew Grinder
- 54mm Flat Steel Burrs: These burrs produce accurate grinding and high throughput for medium to coarse grinds.
- Weight-Based: Set the weight of your desired ground coffee to more or less than 0.2g and the Forte BG will weigh the ground coffee while grinding, then stop automatically when it reaches your desired weight.
- Digital Display: A backlit LCD touch screen is intuitive and easy to read, allowing you to dose by real-weight or by time.
- Programmability: Program three buttons with desired weights ( +/- .1 gram) or by time ( +/- .1 sec).
- Integrated Stopper Hopper: A newly designed removable hopper can prevent beans from falling down the grinder chute, making switching beans a snap. Features 30% larger capacity than other Baratza hoppers at 10.5 oz.
- Removable Burrs: Use the included cast zinc tool to remove burrs for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Powerful Motor: The new high-torque motor has 70% more power than the current Vario model and grinds twice as long.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The Forte is Baratza's beefiest grinder to date - 230 programmable settings, built-in dosing by weight or time, and an improved hopper make it a smart choice for cafes and discerning home users. Available with flat steel or ceramic burrs.|
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Model Number||Forte - Metal Burr|
|Height||14.2 inches with hopper|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10.5 oz.|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Burr Diameter||54 mm|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||Both Timer & On/Off Switch|
|Material||Metal and Plastic|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Baratza Forte BG Brew Grinder
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Baratza|
|Warranty Contact Information:||877-701-2021|
|Notes:||Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Baratza Forte BG Brew Grinder
Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
Remove and hand wash the bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.