This commercial-grade Baratza Vario Burr Grinder with metal portaholder and LED display features an advanced panel display, 54mm ceramic flat burrs, a throughput of 1.6-2.2 grams per second and an innovative macro/micro grind adjustment with 230 settings. The Vario and the Vario-W are virtually identical in design and capabilities: small footprint, macro/micro adjustment, 54mm ceramic burrs and a broad range of grinds.
**The below video shows the older version that included a plastic portaholder. The current version includes a metal portaholder.**
Features & Functionality of the Baratza Vario Burr Grinder with Metal Portaholder
- 54mm Ceramic Flat Burrs: These burrs stay sharper longer. Ceramic has a longer life than steel burrs and helps to keep the coffee cool by limiting the amount of heat transferred from the burrs to the grinds.
- Grind on Demand with Electronic Dosing: Grinds only the coffee required for each shot. Eliminates the risk of stale ground coffee common in mechanical dosing units.
- Programming: Features three user-programmable grind weight buttons.
- Innovative Dual Cam Grind Adjustment: The right-hand lever lets you choose what type of grind. The lever on the left lets you fine tune the grind within the range selected. More than 230 grind settings available.
- Super Quiet: Powerful motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time. The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
- Metal PortaHolder: Universally adjustable brackets for any portafilter. Allows for hands-free operation.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The Vario Burr Grinder uses a timing system to grind while the Vario W Burr Grinder weighs the ground coffee while grinding, then stops automatically when it reaches your desired weight.|
|Tips and Tricks||Remember to have the grinder running when you change the grind settings.|
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Minimum Time to Grind Double Shot||11 seconds|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||9.0000|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8 ounces|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Ceramic|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Baratza Vario Burr Grinder with Metal Portaholder
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Baratza|
|Warranty Contact Information:||877-701-2021|
|Notes:||Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Baratza Vario Burr Grinder with Metal Portaholder
Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
Remove and hand wash the bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.