The next best thing to having a barista move into your guest room! The integrated conical burr grinder and dosing control of the Breville Barista Express delivers fresh whole beans to espresso in under a minute. A measured dose is delivered straight into the portafilter to maximize luscious crema with every extraction. This factory refurbished machine is well-appointed with professional-grade features that translate into delicious coffee drinks every time.
Please note the model featured in video below is new and not factory refurbished.
Features & Functionality of the Breville Barista Express BES860XL - Refurbished
- It's A Beauty: The Barista Express body, controls and tamping head are formed using the highest-grade aluminum and zinc. Unlike thinner pressed metals, die-cast construction molds molten metals at intense temperatures. The result is the ultimate in durability and performance, and a more refined finish.
- Grind, Baby, Grind: The Conical Burr Grinder has a grind size dial that accurately adjusts fineness of the grind for correct water dispersion. Activated simply by one-touch grinding cradle with auto-stop.
- Attached Tamper: The integrated tamper with magnetized lock in storage allows you to tamp to your preference while attached to the machine or on the counter.
- Make it a Venti: With a full 4.5 inch clearance, this machine is designed to accommodate larger cups and travel mugs, making it ideal not just for espresso, but for variations like Americano, cappuccino and latte.
- Set It and Go: Two programmable buttons allow for automatic dispensing for the same amount of espresso or coffee each time.
- Make It Smooth, Make it Silky: The 15 bar Triple-Prime pump automatically releases three bursts of hot water into the filter head, causing the ground coffee or espresso pod to expand. This increases pressure, allowing the machine to extract more crema, giving the coffee a rich, smooth texture and taste.
- Stainless Steel Steam Wand: The swivel ball-mounted steam wand allows you to position your cup as you need to to achieve the maximum froth.
- Thermoblock Boiler: This system maintains the water at an ideal 204°F; during extraction. While steaming, it reaches temperatures of over 250°F;. The unique auto-purge function releases a measured amount of steam to return the temperature to the optimal level.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
This is machine is refurbished by Breville.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||29.0000|
|Case Material||Plastic with Metal Finish|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4 inches|
|Reservoir Size||67 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||14 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
The baskets fit snuggly so I don't often switch them out. After about an hour of practice I switched to the non pressurized double shot basket and basically never take it out. It works wonderfully and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Nov 12, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Breville Barista Express BES860XL - Refurbished<
|What it Covers:||
Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
1 Year on New Equipment
6 month Manufacturer Warranty on Refurbished Models
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Breville USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-273-8455|
|Notes:||Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Excludes YouBrew)|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for your Breville Barista Express BES860XL - Refurbished
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week
User Manuals for your Breville Barista Express Breville Barista Express BES860XL - Refurbished<
Videos Featuring the Breville Barista Express BES860XL
A very good machineReview by Jennifer
Price Value Quality
I got it less than one month, its a refurbished one, for me it is pretty good. I am still trying to make us fit each other. So far I love it very much. It can make coffee precisely, and there are different filters for you to get a standard ones or try your own way. The coffee from machine tastes good. The only con for me is grinder gets stuck somehow easily.
(Posted on 12/6/13)
An excellent value for the priceReview by althe3rd
Price Value Quality
The breville 860xl was my first real espresso machine and getting it refurbished turned out to be a fantastic decision from a budget standpoint. The machine still looks brand new and has a warranty to help cover its initial use.
Being new to this machine I spent plenty of time online doing research on how to pull the best shot and within a couple of tries I was making some fantastic latte's.
The 860 has a great feel of quality with very little plastic and mostly stainless steel. I have only had it a few weeks but its very consistent and solid.
(Posted on 8/19/13)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $39.95
Our Price: $28.95