Beautiful, yet durable, the Breville Die-Cast Programmable Espresso Machine is clad in a solid die-cast stainless-steel case and has an ergonomic water tank that is accessible from the front or back of the machine. Breville's programmable buttons quickly and easily dispense espresso or coffee through a specially designed boiler that assures the proper temperature during extraction.
How the Breville Die-Cast Programmable Espresso Machine Works
- Fill the water tank to the maximum mark
- Place the one- or two-cup filter into the filter holder, fill with one or two level measures of coffee and press firmly with the back of the measure or a tamper
- Before placing the handle on the machine run a short blast of water out of the brew head. Do this by depressing one of the brew buttons for a few seconds
- Place the filter handle on the machine and place a cup below the spouts
- Press the single or double programmable brew button to begin extraction
- Steam milk by pressing the steam button and then use the knob on the right hand side to begin steaming
- Dispense hot water by pressing the water button
Features & Functionality of the Breville Die-Cast Progammable Espresso Machine
- It's A Beauty: The Barista Express body, controls and tamping head are formed using the highest-grade aluminum and zinc. Unlike thinner pressed metals, die-cast construction molds molten metals at intense temperatures. The result is the ultimate in durability and performance, and a more refined finish.
- Attached Tamper: The integrated tamper with magnetized lock in storage allows you to tamp to your preference while attached to the machine or on the counter.
- Make it a Venti: With a full 4.5-inch clearance, this machine is designed to accommodate larger cups and travel mugs, making it ideal not just for espresso, but for variations like Americano, cappuccino and latte.
- Set It and Go: Two programmable buttons allow for automatically dispensing the same amount of espresso or coffee each time.
- Make It Smooth, Make it Silky: The 15 bar Triple-Prime pump automatically releases three bursts of hot water into the filter head, causing the ground coffee or espresso pod to expand. This increases pressure, allowing the machine to extract more crema, giving the coffee a rich, smooth texture and taste. Each of the included single or double solid stainless steel filters incorporates Breville's unique dual-wall crema technology.
- Stainless Steel Steam Wand: The swivel ball-mounted steam wand allows you to position your cup as you need to to achieve the maximum froth. A separate wand dispenses hot water on demand.
- Thermoblock Boiler: This system maintains the water at an ideal 204 degrees F during extraction. While steaming, it reaches temperatures of over 250 degrees F. The unique auto-purge function releases a measured amount of steam to return the temperature to the optimal level.
Included Accessories with the Breville Die-Cast Programmable Espresso Machine
- Charcoal Water Filter
- Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablets
- Frothing Jug
- Measuring Scoop
- Single and Double Filter Baskets
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||While this machine from Breville is sleek and looks great, it has a smaller than average portafilter and the quality of the shot is not as consistent as we'd like.|
|Cup Clearance||4.0 inches|
|Reservoir Size||74.4 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 11 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||13 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Breville Die-Cast Programmable Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
1 Year on New Equipment
90 Day Manufacturer Warranty on Refurbished Models
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Breville USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-273-8455|
|Notes:||Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Breville Die-Cast Programmable Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
Awesome machineReview by Orchidlady
Price Value Quality
I had the Breville 800 for 8 yrs and use it every single weekend. Finally upgraded to the 830 and gave my 800 to the kids - I absolutely love this machine - it is a workhorse BUT I am religious about cleaning it every 4 months with Durgol This machine will never disappoint. I love Breville so much I ended up buying their Smart Grinder and what a difference THAT made in the quality of my expresso. But you must must must clean your machine. Think of your other electric appliances and the buildup - well this is no different. I would never purchase another brand and Breville is an awesome company to deal with when I had one that the seal was not holding. But that was right away and they replaced with the one that lasted 8 yrs. Go get one!
(Posted on 5/9/13)
I love this machine!Review by yvonne
Price Value Quality
It's a shame there aren't many good reviews for this espresso maker. I was given this machine as a replacement by Breville because the refurbished Cafe Venezia (Breville) I bought leaked around the reservoir. I was thrilled! It was 3 steps above the Venezia and has been working perfectly for 8 months now. I make 4-6 shots a day and steam/froth milk at least twice a day. I get a glossy microfoam every time. I don't use the froth attachment because it makes too much froth. It came with the pressurized portafilters and the non-pressurized, a pod filter, and frothing pitcher. I was able to make good espresso even with the non-pressurzed filters once I bought a good grinder, the Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder which is fantastic. It allows me to grind fine as powder (which is too fine for this machine) so I can get a decent crema even without the pressurized filter. It's beautiful, doesn't scratch, easy to clean as long as you catch the "empty me" signal before the drip tray overflows. The manual is very helpful and easy to read and even includes some good recipes.
I've had nothing but positive responses from their Breville support, which is local here in California. Hooray!
(Posted on 6/12/12)
Does Not LastReview by Jen without Java
Quality Value Price
We received the 830XL model after our originally purchased 800 system broke after a year and a half of everyday use. We were happy Breville replaced that system with the 830 until now, a year and a half later and this system has broken. There must be a crack or hole in the system which has lead to the steam wand no longer working, no pressure for espresso and water leaking all over the bottom of the system. Breville will not help us out with this system and we're really disappointed about that. I cannot believe two [$] machines did not last more than a year and a half each.
Hard To Clean, Messy, Leaky, Unreliable
(Posted on 9/28/11)
I've had mine for over a year; love it!Review by Joe
Quality Value Price
Easy to use. Been dependable. If you get the grind/RO Water/type of coffee beans right you'll have an excellent espresso.
Great Taste, Easy To Use, Large Water Container, Quick Brewing, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 8/4/11)
UGHReview by The coffee drinker
Quality Value Price
My husband and I purchased this product since I'm a coffee addict and figured it would save us a pretty penny over the years. Carrying the Breville name and a price tag of [$], we figured we couldn't go wrong. WRONG!The machine looks great in the kitchen and WHEN working it makes great coffee...however the die cast shell scratches easy (trust me when I say easy as I'm the only user of the machine and very specific about it's upkeep!).Although the company is Australian...the machine is made in China, which is prob. the reason that it breaks down easily.I've had to replace the machine THREE times in less than a year, and this last go around (tonight), the machine just wouldn't turn on AFTER less than a month of not very active use!I'm fed up, frustrated, and angry and really tired of having to go without my [$] machine every few months because I spend more time on the phone with Breville, packaging up the old machine, sending it in, and waiting for a new one to arrive, and then have it break down again and go through the same mess.If Breville wants to give it's machines the 'FAKE' Australian made logo, then it needs to stop manufacturing the machines for a dime in China! Where apparently quality of a product is not important!I'm FED UP...if you want to purchase a nice espresso machine to last you a few years...then stay away from this brand.Although Breville seems to tell me on a regular basis that they have NEVER had any problems with this specific machine, I know first hand how many times I've faced issues with the same model and its many different replacements.
Makes great froth, Looks Good
Unreliable, Breaks down easily
(Posted on 11/2/10)
Breville BES830XL: Beautiful but...Review by Rufus
Quality Value Price
Breville espresso machines are beautiful, solid pieces of metal to display on your kitchen counter. However, their insides and circuitry are a very different story. My new Die-Cast Programmable Espresso Machine (BES830XL) lasted three days, after which it ceased to be an automatic machine and wouldn't stop pouring coffee all over. There was no way to fix it. This machine has the looks of an Italian convertible and the guts of a cheap Chinese toy. [...] The real Breville is an Australian company whose products are normally made in China, as is the case of this Espresso machine. If you are seduced by the looks of this machine, as I was, at least do NOT ever buy directly from Breville. Instead, buy it from a reliable retailer, such as Seattle Coffee Gear. [...] Of course, when a $500 espresso machine breaks in three days, after making 9 shots of espresso, one may want to return it for good and be reimbursed. [...]
Easy To Use, Large Water Container, Quick Brewing
(Posted on 9/6/10)