Nothing can ruin the relaxation-inducing ritual of drinking tea like actually having to make it yourself. Watching the kettle boil and timing your brew so you get the perfect flavor is stressful — so let Breville's One-Touch Tea Maker take over to produce an excellent cup of tea at the touch of a button. Preset brew time is available for green tea, white tea, oolong tea, black tea and herbal tea. The glass carafe and stainless steel basket are long lasting for years of tea service.
Features & Functionality of the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
- Programmable Temp and Timing: Select from several pre-set temperature settings recommended for different types of tea -- green, black, white, oolong or herbal. You can also choose different steeping times based on how strong you like your tea and the type of tea you're brewing, or customize both options to your taste.
- Auto-On: Add your tea and water, select the temperature and steep time and then set the brew time. The brewing will automatically begin at the chosen time, so you can wake up to a fresh cup of tea.
- Magnetic Basket: The brew basket travels in to and out of the water using the magic of magnets! OK, it's not really magic, but the basket is also designed for 360-degree saturation of the tea leaves for an excellent, rich extraction. And we think that's almost like magic.
- Flat Line Brew Temp: The kettle will reach the specified temperature, then you'll lower the brew basket and remove it once the steep time is reached. This results in a richer cup of tea that brews faster than most tea companies will recommend, primarily because it is being brewed at a flat temperature in the kettle and not in a mug with water that is slowly cooling down after being poured.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker is great since it does all of the work for you and makes plenty for a crowd. 51 oz/1.5L water capacity and 41 oz max. tea capacity.
|Tips and Tricks||
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
|What it Covers:||
Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
1 Year on New Equipment
6 month Manufacturer Warranty on Refurbished Models
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Breville USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-273-8455|
|Notes:||Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Excludes YouBrew)|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly.
- Soap out the inside of the carafe on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove residue.
User Manuals for your Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
Articles Related to the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
How did I love without it?Review by Sara
Price Value Quality
I love this! It is easy to use and great for having my tea ready for the morning. I love the boiling water feature when I want to drink pre-bagged tea. My only complaint is the strainer doesn't get all the little bits and I end up drinking remains of leaves. I won't ever go back to the old way though, it is the best out there!
(Posted on 9/22/13)
Wonderful ProductReview by Becky
Price Value Quality
I have had this tea maker for a week now and it is wonderful to use. Makes great tea and keeps it hot in the process.
My only con for this item is that I wish the keep warm lasted longer than an hour.
(Posted on 1/15/13)
Buy it and find out why laterReview by Savvy
Price Value Quality
Bought this for my wife. I'm the coffee guru but she won't touch the stuff. She orders tea from Germany and loves it. If she buys the best she should have the best machine to brew it with. THIS is the cat's meow in the tea world and we're happy customers of SCG just like everyone else. One cleaning cycle when you get it and it's ready to go to work. When the woman is happy, everybody is happy.
Swallow the price and buy the best, you won't regret a dime. Already ordered some goodies for me from SCG immediately after this arrived at the door. Buy the best from the best, that's our motto. :)
(Posted on 1/9/13)
Breville Tea MakerReview by Meg
Quality Value Price
I have been truly amazed by the overall performance of this tea maker. I have purchased several top rated tea makers in the past and nothing compares to the ease and quality of the final tea product. Reviews have stated that the carafe cannot be cleaned and that it was a drawback. I have found that simple rinsing after use and utilizing the clean feature are sufficient to keep the system in perfect check.
Quick Brewing, Easy To Use, Commercial Grade, Great Taste, Large Water Container, Easy To Clean, Truly the best tea maker
I can't think of anything
(Posted on 11/22/10)