It's a must have for those who need to save some serious space: the Cafe Espresso Machine from Capresso. This mini-sized marvel features a thermoblock heating functionality to quickly switch between steaming and brewing. As for the steam wand, Capresso is all about giving you options. The Cafe Espresso Machine has an easily adaptable steam wand to infuse the right amount of air and steam for a nice microfoam, or you can remove it and use a standard steam wand. A pretty rare feature at this price point, indeed.
How the Capresso Cafe Espresso Machine Works
- Dual Frother:This device is easy use and performs very well. There are two parts of the frother. There is a Frothing Sleeve for cappuccinos and when the Frothing Sleeve is removed, it reveals the Steam Tube for lattes.
- Frothing: Frothing Sleeve is in place over the steam tube. Hot steam and air are injected into the milk. The air will swirl inside the milk creating silky dense froth on top of the milk, ideal for a cappuccino.
- Steaming only: Frothing Sleeve is removed to reveal the Steam Tube. Only hot steam will be injected into the milk. This is ideal for a latte.
- Important: To work properly, the Frothing Sleeve and Steam Tube need to be free of any milk deposits from earlier use.
Features & Functionality of the Capresso Cafe Espresso Machine
- ThermoBlock heating system with 16 bar pressure for perfect high-pressure brewed espressos
- Removable 48 oz. water container (35 espressos) for easy filling with self-locking valve
- Self-locking filter holder with thumbguard
- Two Sieves to produce one or two rich, thick crema espressos at a time
- Selector switch for espresso/cappuccino or steam/hot water functions
- Unlimited steam output produces hot frothed milk for cappuccino and latte
- Easy-to-use swivel frother allows you to froth directly in a tall glass or frothing pitcher
- Hot water switch allows you to produce teas or cafe americanos
- Easy to clean removable drip tray with water level indicator
- Indicator lights for 'Warm Up' and 'Ready'
- Integrated metal cup warming platform
- Concealed spare sieve storage compartment
- Cord storage
Included Accessories with the Capresso Cafe Espresso Machine
- Measuring Scoop
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||You'll get great steaming practice with both the panarello and the traditional steam wands.|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||12.1000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.0 inches|
|Reservoir Size||48 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Both Traditional & Panarello Functionality|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||54 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/capresso-cleaning-solution Sep 30, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Capresso Cafe Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, tea makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Capresso Cafe Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.