You know what you want, and what you want is a good, consistent cup of coffee. No muss, no fuss, and definitely no fancy features you'll never use! Enter the Capresso Cool Grind. Designed to grind beans for basic coffee maker and press needs, this compact little unit also can be used to take care of spices and herbs for your culinary pursuits. The stainless steel grinding elements are designed to prevent adding extra heat to the roast, preserving the flavor of your coffee beans. Attractive, easy to use and clean, this is a delightfully simple grinder. Capresso Cool Grind Coffee and Spice Grinder in available in a modern stainless steel finish or black finish.
How the Capresso Cool Grind Coffee and Spice Grinder Works
- The timer can be set between 8 and 40 seconds.
- When grinding in the finest position, less coffee per second will pass through the grinder than when grinding in the coarsest setting. Therefore the numbers around the timer do not represent the number of cups but serve as a reminder for your personal setting. Remember, you can always stop the grinding process by simply pushing the on/off button.
Features & Functionality of the Capresso Cool Grind Coffee and Spice Grinder
- Stainless steel blade and beaker for low heat build-up and easy cleaning
- Low heat build-up preserves more flavor and aroma from coffee beans
- Large capacity for more than 15 cups of coffee
- Fast stopping action (only one second) for maximum safety
- Recessed cord storage in base of grinder
- Pulse action lets you control fineness of grind
- Clear see-through safety lid.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee|
|Model Number||501.01 | 503.05|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||3.5 ounces|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Capresso Cool Grind Coffee and Spice Grinder
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-braded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
design problemReview by j.andersson
Quality Price Value
I like this grinder a lot.. it is reasonable and offers an even grind, but it has a design flaw that has not been corrected. After two consecutive grinders, I am tired of how the A/C cord poorly wraps for storage. Eventually the plastic and then exposed copper wire break down and the grinder become inoperable.
maybe looking at the manual grinders for now... or another reasonable option.
(Posted on 8/12/12)
Not a good Spice GrinderReview by El Toro Aburrido
Quality Value Price
I bought this grinder to prepare different spices, for example, when I cook Indian and I prepare the garam masala spice mix. The grinder fails to grind smaller spices like fenugreek seeds or cumin seeds.
Easy To Clean, Looks good in the kitchen
Cannot grind small spices
(Posted on 4/4/12)
Good for the Daily GrindReview by KoHoSo
Quality Value Price
I like this grinder a lot. Of most note is the much larger reservoir it has for beans than similarly-priced models (good for people like me that often serve to multiple people). The blades seem to turn slower than other models of this type that I have owned but I look at that as a very good thing -- makes it much easier to get the type of grind one wants. For this style of grinder, I would definitely recommend it to others even with my one complaint that the power cord is too short (and I don't care what this or any company says about that regarding safety, it's only so they can make a little more money).
Easy To Use, Large cup
Short Power Cord
(Posted on 12/16/11)