Short on counter space, but love the idea of making a latte or cappuccino in your very own home? Let us introduce you to our new little friend – the Capresso EC PRO! Small in size, but not short on essentials, this machine has everything you need to brew a satisfying shot of espresso or delightful latte.
Features & Functionality of the Capresso EC PRO
- Pump Boiler System: Keeps water at optimal temperature for when you are ready to brew.
- Cup Warmer: Use the integrated cup warmer to heat your cups prior to brewing.
- Powerful Frother: Create rich and foamy milk based drinks with this impressive frother.
- Removable Water Tank: The 42 oz. water tank is portable for easy filling.
- Portafilter Options: This machine comes with two separate portafilters. Users can enjoy making espresso with the standard double spout, while curious home baristas can hone their skill with the naked version.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||This machine has comparable functionality to the EC100, but with a more modern, sleeker look.|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||13.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches|
|Reservoir Size||42 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Available Portafilters||Bottomless, Pressurized|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute 15 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||45 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Capresso EC PRO
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Capresso EC PRO
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily.
- Wipe frothing wand with a damp cloth after each use.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
Love this machine!Review by Minerva
Quality Price Value
This is a simple and small machine. It makes good crema.The double spout and bottomless portafilters are heavy and well made. There's no hot water dispenser so I get it from the group head. Also the warmer takes time to warm up, which is not an issue with me, so I fill the cup with hot water from either the group head or steam from the steam wand. The tamper is okay if you grind extra fine. I recommend getting a heavier tamper. I use the Barraza Encore grinder with this machine which I do not have to calibrate. The taste of the espresso from this machine is comparable to the branded coffee shops.
(Posted on 1/14/14)