Spare countertop space is certainly hard to come by. That's why Capresso created the compact EC100 Pump Espresso & Cappuccino Machine. Make the same espresso and coffee drinks you crave from your neighborhood cafe right in the comfort of your own kitchen. And do it effortlessly. The Capresso EC100 features a stainless-steel casing, a stainless steel-lined ThermoBlock heating system with 15 bars of pressure, a 46-ounce water container, two frothing positions for lattes and cappuccinos and a stainless-steel cup warming platform and drip tray.
Features & Functionality of the Capresso EC100
- Quick and Consistent Heating: Features stainless steel ThermoBlock heating system with 15 bar pressure for perfect high pressure brew espresso.
- Lighted Indicators: A simple colored light indicates when the system is on, ready for use, or off and ready for coffee or steam.
- Dual Frother: Separate frothing positions for steamed milk (latte) and frothed milk cappuccino)
- Large Capacity Tank: Removable 46 oz. water container for easy filling.
- Quality espresso production: Two sieves produce one or two rich, thick cream espressos at a time.
- Pod Friendly: Single sieve is great for prepacked espresso pods or pre-ground coffee.
Included Accessories with the Capresso EC100
- Measuring Scoop and Tamper
- How Things Work Video
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||This machine produces surprisingly good shots.|
|Tips and Tricks||Be sure to match this machine with a smaller frothing pitcher since the frothing clearance is small.|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.0 inches|
|Reservoir Size||46 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||1 minute|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Capresso EC100
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-braded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Capresso EC100
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
No thank you!Review by Bev
Price Value Quality
This machine, while easy to use, does not produce a HOT espresso. It froths well and has adequate pressure for nice crema, BUT not hot. I returned under warranty for repair and it came back. Their solution - a new porta filter. Huh? Still, not a hot enough espresso or capuccino - despite following all the steps, preheating of porta filter and cup, froth first, espresso last.
(Posted on 4/22/13)
Great Price & ValueReview by EC100
Value Quality Price
Wonderful capable machine at an affordable price. Makes great espresso without a lot of fuss. Easy to use and doesn't take up a lot of counter space.
(Posted on 9/3/12)
EC100 is a great machine.Review by Arnie
Quality Value Price
I prepare a latte every morning and also have family and friends who occasionally come and enjoy a latte with me or perhaps some other espresso drink. I like the water tank it is large and does not have to refilled very often, it pours a beautiful drink, it is a little messy on clean up but that is a minor thing.
Large Water Container, Great Taste, Easy To Use
(Posted on 4/11/12)