Don't let the small size of this Nuova Simonelli MCI Grinder fool you, it has the same quality and consistency of many of its larger commercial counterparts, it just doesn't occupy as much space inside your kitchen. Pair that size-related perk with the MCI's stepless adjustment and much quieter motor, and you're looking at everything you could ever need in an espresso grinder. Fine tune your grind texture with the simple spin of the Nuova Simonelli MCI's adjustment dial. You'll also find that the MCI is extremely easy to use, just push your portafilter into the switch and watch as the perfect grind falls gently into your basket.
How the Nuova Simonelli MCI Works
- The Nuova Simonelli MCI is very intuitive and easy to use, as all you need to do to get espresso quality grinds is select a grind setting and push your portafilter below the chute.
- The switch below the chute will activate the grinder, and in moments, your portafilter will be filling up with a wonderfully consistent grind.
Features & Functionality of the Nuova Simonelli MCI
- Doser Version: Perfectly suited for a higher capacity home environment, this doser grinder makes it easy to go full speed ahead with coffee grinds production.
- Stepless Adjustment: With silly things like numerical values not holding you back, the stepless adjustment on the MCI allows for you to completely customize your grind setting.
- Easy To Use: Select a grind setting and push your portafilter into the power switch to get your grinds. No complicated buttons, no menus, no random options, just ground coffee.
- Precision, Precision, Precision: Don't sit there and worry about how consistent the grinds will be that come out of this machine, it can handle most settings with ease, which won't leave you guessing if your grind consistency is an issue.
- Built Like A Tank: This grinder honestly looks like it was built to survive the apocalypse, durable as almost anything we have seen thus far.
- Quiet: The motor on the MCI doesn't seem to cause house shaking quakes every time you press to grind, which is a nice change of pace for everyone in the household.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||
This is one of the smallest grinder in this class and at this level of performance.
|Tips and Tricks||
We suggest redistributing the grounds to decrease clumping.
|Suitable Applications||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||12.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8 oz|
|Dosing Options||No Progamming - All Manual|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/baratza-vario-burr-grinder-with-upgraded-h2-display Feb 22, 2014
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Nuova Simonelli MCI
|What it Covers:||
Nuova Simonelli espresso machines and grinders
- 2 Year (Parts and labor on all home espresso machines and grinders)
- 2 Year (Parts limited warranty for all commercial machines and grinders)
- 1 Year (Standard SCG labor warranty for all commercial machines and grinders)
- Variable (See below)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Commercial class espresso machines have several different service plans available from which you may select during order placement. Please speak with your commercial sales rep for details on coverage duration, service level and individual policies.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Oscar and Musica models only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Nuova Simonelli MCI
- Clean out the bean hopper every week or so to remove any potential oils that may have built up over time.
- We recommend using Grindz every couple of weeks, depending on frequency of use.
User Manuals for your Nuova Simonelli MCI Grinder
Videos Featuring the Nuova Simonelli MCI Grinder
Meets my needsReview by MarkGregory
Value Quality Price
I have owned this grinder for about 6 months. Primarily use it to grind beans for a drip pot or French Press. However, I also intend to use it for espresso with a Gaggia Baby. So far, no complaints. It is quiet, intuitive and provides a consistent grind. I like the square bean hopper that is easy to fill, remove and occassionally clean. This grinder is heavy for its size giving you a sense of excellent quality build. It has a nice thick chrome finish that is easy to wipe clean with a dry cloth. I also love its size, it barely takes up any counter space. I mentioned that is is quiet. I stress this fact because I am always the first one up and immediately grind beans for coffee. I can use this grinder without waking my wife.
Ok, here's where I get geeky. This grinder actually brings a smile to my face when I am using it. It feels so professional. Makes you feel like you are a Barista. Would I buy it again. Absolutely. I researched grinders for several months before buying the Nuova Simonelli MCI and would definately recommend it as a high quaility all-purpose coffee bean grinder for home use.
(Posted on 7/4/14)
small and prettyReview by anm8rchick
Quality Value Price
a little messy, but what grinder isn't?!
great metal body, simple design, very heavy for it's size. nice and quiet.
grinds perfectly everytime.
looks really pretty beside my rocket cellini
Easy To Use
(Posted on 8/5/11)