Built to last in a sturdy stainless steel case, the DeLonghi EC702 Pump Espresso Machine stands out from the rest with its structure and functionality. The pod-friendly EC702 allows you to easily pull espresso shots with no muss and no fuss. Create your favorite latte and cappuccino drinks with the cappuccino system frother. The EC702 from DeLonghi also maintains consistent heat for both brewing and steaming with two separate thermostats, plus it heats up quickly with the self-priming operation.
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi Pump Espresso Machine
- Patented Dual Function Filter Holder: Gives you the ability to use convenient pods or ground coffee. Makes espresso preparation quick and easy.
- Patented Cappuccino System Frother: Steams and froths up your favorite latte and cappuccino drinks like cake. Mixes steam and milk to give you that consistent rich, creamy froth every time.
- Self Priming Operation: No more long waits for your machine to heat up, as this function gives you a quicker heat-up time.
- Two Thermostats: Brewing espresso or your favorite milk based drinks will be at the perfect temperature, as this machines has two thermostats that allow water and steam pressure to be controlled separately.
- Boiler: This strong boiler is made of high-quality stainless steel.
- Pump Pressure: This machine gives off 15 bar pump pressure, which guarantees that each shot will have an authentic flavor.
- Water Tank: Easy to clean, the removable 44-ounce water tank also has and indicator light to let you know when it's time to refill.
- Cup Warming Tray: Maintain the heat of your espresso and caffeinated drinks by keeping a set of your cups on top of the machine to keep them warm.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
The stainless steel case makes this model much sturdier than the previous plastic iterations.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||11.1000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||2.75 inches|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi EC702 Pump Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi Pump Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
User Manuals for your DeLonghi Pump Espresso Machine
The easiest great machineReview by Metamorf
Price Value Quality
Having owned many espresso machines I would say this one is tops in its simplicity of use, cleaning and the brew it makes.
(Posted on 3/22/14)
great machineReview by Dr.Oz
Value Quality Price
I had this machine for about 2 years I works great no problems
(Posted on 9/11/13)
Great choice for the moneyReview by Marc
Quality Price Value
Nice machine capable of producing excellent results once you get the grind, tamp and frothing down.
The wand is a proprietary design and I recommend you read the included frothing instructions as the best technique is somewhat different than what would be used with a "normal" wand.
My only criticism would be the wand location. Depending on the frothing container If it protruded further it would make use a bit easier for frothing different quantities/depths of milk. Even with that flaw decent results are possible with a bit of trial and error.
(Posted on 1/19/13)
Good espresso, easy to use, little messyReview by Ryan
Quality Price Value
This espresso machine was given to me as a gift. I've worked as a barista for 2 years using both fully automatic and traditional semi--automatic machines. Obviously no entry level machines is comparable to a commercial machine. But, I have enjoyed being able to make great tasting shots and decent lattes and cappuccinos at home.
Pros: The machine is easy to use and easy to clean with 3 simple buttons (on, espresso temp, steam temp) and a lever to activate steam. The removable drip tray is large enough to capture a good amount of water and coffee mess before it needs to be emptied. The unit heats to espresso temperature in about 5 to 7 minutes (shots come out about 180 degrees). Once shots are pulled, the unit can heat to steam temperature in just a minute or so more.
Cons: portafilter head is smaller than commercial and I haven't found a tamper that fits other than the one that comes with it. The steam wand is weak, but from what I've read on entry level machines this is not unique to the Delonghi. The coffee grounds are loose and wet rather than forming a nice dry puck., making it difficult to knock clean. To get a good froth from the steam wand you have to purge the wand for 2 or 3 seconds to rid the water in the line and get a nice steam. You'll also have to swirl your milk quite a bit to get smooth cream foam rather than big bubbles.
Final note: worth the money for no frills machine, especially if you want to enjoy straight espresso more so than lattes and cappuccinos. With some practice you'll be pleased.
(Posted on 8/14/12)
Operational anomalies; poor customer serviceReview by fred
Quality Price Value
Coffee was great but lots of operational anomalies; indicator lights blinking on and off, steam giving out. We returned the machine finally after several attempts to query De' Longhi customer service about these issues. Completely non-responsive and unhelpful. Very frustrating.
(Posted on 8/8/12)