The DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Machine combines the control of a semi-automatic with the freedom of a superautomatic, all in one compact, stainless-steel machine. Unlike other entry-level espresso machines, the EC860 incorporates an automatic cappuccino system that froths your milk and pulls your shots right into your cup. Then when you're ready to upgrade to creating your own frothy drinks, the EC860's interchangeable traditional steam wand will make you feel like you're a home barista.
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Machine
- Automatic Cappuccino System: Giving you the ability to make your favorite caffeinated drinks at a push of a button, the built-in milk carafe will steam, froth and pour your milk right into your cup, with no need for your to lift another finger.
- Traditional Steam Wand: You'll be able to practice your barista skills with the built-in steam wand that also produces hot water for tea and Americanos.
- Programmable Menu: Choose your choice of programming three coffee temperatures to your preference.
- E.S.E Pod Friendly: The EC860's portafilter is both ground- and pod-friendly. Feel free to use your favorite pods for an easy and quick clean up.
- Filtered Water Reservoir: The 35-ounce water reservoir is removable and has a built in water filter that'll produce clean, crisp, odorless water for ideal shots.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The stainless-steel casing makes this model much sturdier than its previous plastic iterations.|
|Tips and Tricks||When using the automatic frother, run the clean cycle first to get hotter milk.|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||35 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - with adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Thank you. May 10, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Delonghi Descaler.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
Great Almost Automatic Machine for the priceReview by Noise Drop
Price Value Quality
Great Almost Automatic Machine for the price. It makes decent shots of espresso and the auto-milk is nice. I think for the price point it is a great machine. I do wish it came with non pressurized baskets and that the frother was a little better....but $500 what do you expect.
(Posted on 1/6/13)
HappyReview by Kathy
Value Quality Price
This is the first product review I've ever written. I just can't let this machine go without a customer review.
I had shopped for an espresso/latte machine for about a year, and I've probably watched most of the Seattle coffee reviews (thank you Gail and Cat!). I had resigned myself to a Jura super automatic, but knew I wanted more hands on opportunities . This Semi was exactly what I was looking for. The ability to relive my coffee girl days (barista was always a bit too fancy of a term for me) and the option to be more automated at 0400 when I'm just too tired and time pressed to get everything just right.
I am incredibly pleased, and find myself excited to get out of bed in the AM for latte time! It makes a great latte, and the video review is dead on. I was prepared for the machine to set my foam consistency as it auto injects the air. I'm quite happy with the temperature, which seems to be a common complaint when looking at the more automated machines.
The only difficulty I had was in setting the machine up. It took an hour for me to finally get the water filter flushed properly so that it could work. I'm sure this can be attributed to lack of experience, but I had almost started boxing up the unit for return. However, i was certain it was difficulty with the water filter, and Inevitably it got enough water through it to work properly.
Minus that one hiccup, it's been exactly what I wanted . Great look, quality and price. The bottom tray slides out so that a large mug or medium travel cup can be accommodated. I was surprised at the cup clearance, and love not having to use a shot glass to transfer my espresso.
5 stars for me. Gail got it right."It's a winner".
(Posted on 12/1/12)