The name says it all: Perfecta. DeLonghi's ESAM5500 Perfecta Espresso machine lives up to its impressive title by brewing professional quality perfect shots and creamy drinks, all at the press of a button (and all all at piping hot temperatures). Featuring the improved heating system, a built-in bypass doser and burr grinder, a large front accessible water tank and a single drink steam system that cuts down on the waste of milk, the Perfecta makes your coffee routine anything but routine.
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi ESAM5500 Perfecta
- Automatic : The 5500's efficient brewing system grinds and brews espresso while the automatic milk frother dispenses creamy, hot milk into your cup. With four programmable coffee drink sizes and three programmable milk drink buttons, you have complete, consistent control of your coffee and milk volume. The self-cleaning milk system takes that unnecessary hassle out of making lattes or cappuccinos.
- Programmable: Through the LCD display, users can access the detailed programming menu, set coffee and milk volume, adjust temperature, access cleaning cycles and much more. The display leads you through every operation, including brewing, cleaning and programming, and is easily navigable and brightly lit.
- Push-Button Foam: The Perfecta has mastered automatic beverages with its integrated milk frothing system. The 25 oz. milk container froths or steams and then pours directly into your cup. After your drink, press the "clean" button on the milk container, and the machine automatically flushes the milk system with hot water. Dishwasher safe, the milk container can also be stored in the refrigerator between drinks.
- Burr Grinder: The Perfecta employs a heavy-duty burr grinder built to last the life of the unit. Inside the 7 oz. bean hopper, you will find an adjustment knob which allows you to fine-tune your grind settings.
- Hot Water: The 5500 comes complete with the ability to dispense hot water right from the boiler. Simply remove the milk container and snap the hot water spout into place, and you are ready.
- Bypass Doser: Need it stronger? Maybe it's time to dial it back to decaf? The 5500's bypass doser allows you to bypass the grinder with pre-ground coffee, making it easy to make the shift from one bean to another.
- Warm It Up: Did you know you lose as much as 15 degrees from your drink when you use a cold cup? Take the edge off of your shot glasses or cups with the cup warming surface.
Included Accessories with the DeLonghi ESAM5500 Perfecta
|Product Weight (lbs.)||28.0000|
|Reservoir Size||60 oz|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||250g|
|Material||Metal and Plastic|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
http://www.delonghi.com/Global/InstructionManuals/GB/GB-5713211411.pdf Jan 6, 2014
The last super auto machine I had (Saeco) couldn't make more than 1 or 2 shots without jamming Oct 24, 2013
thank yu Feb 8, 2014
looking into buying a one year used ESAM5500 super-auto.
I am questioning myself about the grinder's quality. how is it made of? i couldnt find an answer anywhere.
what do do personally thing about this model? reliable? good bang for my buck?
i have a semi-auto at home that i been using for 4 years now and thought about making the switch.
thanks a bunch for your time! Dec 30, 2012
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi ESAM5500 Perfecta
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi ESAM5500 Perfecta
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
great machineReview by sto
Price Value Quality
Bought this machine because I am a big cappuccino drinker and i don't have time to make cappuccinos in the morning with a manual machine, so a super automatic was the way to go. So far so good and I have yet to have any issues with this machine including temperature which a lot of people mention. Remember this is an ESPRESSO machine and not a filtered coffee machine. All my drinks come out hot, but not burn my mouth and have to wait 10 minutes to cool down hot. Perfect for me to enjoy right away. It's very easy to use and the maintenance is pretty straight forward...has not disappointed me yet.
(Posted on 1/7/13)
I Like ItReview by MARY
Value Quality Price
Good value because it makes lattes and cappuccinos at home to save me about 4.00 a day. The quality seems great because it has not broke down and I certainly haven't a clue how to do maintenance. It tells me when to add water, add beans, empty the coffee grounds, attach the pitcher, etc. This is the automatic espresso machine for dummies! The price was right because I bought it used on ebay. So far, so good. Yum!
(Posted on 12/1/12)
LOVE this machineReview by Serious Coffee Drinkers
Quality Value Price
This machine is amazing. The only problem is that dark roasted somewhat oily beans can't be ground on the finest grind setting, as the spouts will clog while coffee is being delivered.
CAUTION: If you're unsure of something, check out the instruction manual; otherwise, you'll need to do extra cleaning!!!
Great Taste, Soooo easy to use, Quick Brewing, Easy To Use
Small Water Container, Noisy
(Posted on 5/21/12)
Best of the bunch - exceptReview by N67
Quality Value Price
It makes cappuccino and lattes, yet the interface says cappuccino for either. come on, call it what it is, make it less confusing. great coffee, easy to clean. coffee out of the machine on HOT setting is not drinkable, it is tepid. needs 20 seconds in the microwave.
Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing, Milk system
CONFUSING user interface, Coffee Not Hot Enough
(Posted on 10/29/11)
STILL not hot!!Review by candyo
Quality Value Price
This was purchased to rplace the 3500 which produced luke warm drinks. At three times the price, Delonghi's 5500 also produces luke warm drinks. My advice some [$] later - buy another brand.
Easy To Use
Luke Warm drinks
(Posted on 3/18/10)