Perfect for beginning baristas and beyond, the DeLonghi kMix Espresso Maker is super compact and functional and comes in a variety of colors so you can show your personality. This entry-level espresso machine features a sturdy die cast aluminum exterior with 15 bar pump pressure. Choose between your favorite coffee grounds or pods, then use the swivel jet frother to whip up lattes and cappuccinos.
How the DeLonghi kMix Espresso Maker Works
- Select your desired filter (use the smaller filter for making one cup of coffee or when using coffee pods) and the larger filter for two cups.
- Add the coffee using the measuring spoon provided (one level spoon per cup), level the surface then lightly press with the coffee tamper (about 30 pounds of pressure). Wipe off any coffee around the rim.
- Fit the filter into the brew head and turn it to the right to lock into position.
- Press the on/off button and wait until the green coffee ready indicator light stops flashing, then press the coffee button.
- When you reach your desired amount, press the coffee button again and after portafilter cools remove it from the machine and empty out the used coffee.
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi KMix Espresso Maker
- Thermo-Gen: Heating system produces perfect temperature for brewing.
- Sure-Grip: Carafe designed for user comfort and improved grip.
- E.S.E. Pods: Dual function filter holder for ESE pods or ground coffee.
- Swivel Jet Frother: Produces ideal froth for cappuccinos or lattes.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
There are no major upgrades compared to other DeLonghi machines in this price range.
|Tips and Tricks||
We suggest heating your cups before use to maintain the heat of your extraction and drink.
|Cup Clearance||2.5 inches|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||2 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||30 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
on this web site says that the sides are plastic
Thanks ! Apr 30, 2013
If a 52mm can fit , that would be great as I'd want majority, if not all surface area to be covered - unlike the tamper we received with our machine (~50mm). May 9, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi kMix Espresso Maker
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi kMix Espresso Maker
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
Smoke and Burning Smell!!!Review by Care
Price Value Quality
I loved this machine for 18 months - quiet and works well. But now, I hate it because I know it's breaking down. Smoke coming out of the steam nozzle on top of the machine and a distinct smoke smell. This machine cost $399!!! Delonghi customer service person was quick to say "sounds like you've past your one year warranty and there is nothing we can OR WILL do for you!" This made me feel furious.
As I ponder what machine to buy next, one thing I know for sure, it will NOT be a Delonghi - ever again.
I once had a Krups esspresso machine that had a problem after a couple of years... do you know, Krups replaced the entire machine for me! Now, that's customer service and a company that wants repeat business.
DO NOT BUY A KMIX MACHINE!
(Posted on 5/16/13)
love coffeeReview by lovemy coffee
Price Value Quality
last years model is awesome. price was great and the coffee it makes is delicious. spend more on a grinder. that makes all the difference. recommend this machine.
(Posted on 1/1/13)
Decent shots, but the foam lacks.Review by Jes
Quality Value Price
Having a good grinder is a must in getting the timing of the shot right. The steam wand only produces big bubbled foam. If you would like to make latte's, then unfortunately this is not the machine for you. I would like to see some future upgrades from Delonghi, such as non pressurized baskets, and different steam tip choices. Doubt it will happen, but wishful thinking. All in all, it's a decent little home machine for the price.
Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Easy To Use, Large Water Container
No accessory upgrades, Milk only good for capps
(Posted on 5/13/12)