There are undeniably classic pairings that stand the test of time (pass the milk and cookies, please!) and Delonghi has taken this one step further by combining a duo so perfect, it rivals the most classic of romances. Step aside Romeo and Juliet, coffee and chocolate are here to stay! The Delonghi Primadonna Exlusive not only creates delicious coffee and milk based drinks with the touch of a button, but it also has an exclusive carafe specially designed to heat and mix chocolatey drinks. Pair that with the large LCD screen and almost infinite programmability options, the possibilities become endless…and delicious!
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi PrimaDonna Exclusive ESAM6900.M
- Color LCD Screen - The Exclusive features a large, vibrant colored LCD screen where the programming happens and alerts warn you when something is awry. Door ajar!
- True One-Touch - With the stainless steel milk carafe attached, this machine is a true one-touch. Easily select a pre-programmed drink from the chocolate, caffelatte, cappuccino, latte macchiato or long coffee button.
- Cup Warmer - Nobody likes a cold cup of joe! Set your cups on the warming shelf prior to brewing.
- Find Your Grind - Dial in your ideal grind with the grind adjustment knob located in the bean hopper, or use the bypass doser to enjoy your favorite pre-ground blend.
- Hot Water Spout - Removable hot water spout doubles as a manual steam wand for controlled frothing.
- Removable Water Tank - The 48 ounce water tank is conveniently removable for easy filling and cleaning.
- Programmable Coffee Strength - Choose from six different coffee strength options: pre-ground, extra mild, mild, standard, strong and extra-strong.
- Stainless Steel Milk Carafe - Attach the stainless steel thermal milk carafe and choose from three automatic frothing options. Once frothing is complete, don’t forget to choose the clean function for automatic purging of the milk spout.
- Hot Chocolate - Keep the kiddos happy and hopped up on sugar with the hot chocolate function. Fill the separate hot chocolate container with milk and the chocolate of your choosing, insert the chocolate container into the machine and watch the magic happen! Milk is steamed, chocolate is melted and it all blends together in delicious harmony.
- Customizable Profiles - The Primadonna Exclusive features six programmable profiles, each associated with a different color. Now if only we could add our Wii Mii characters…
- Programmability - Easily program your ideal coffee temperature, water hardness, auto-start and auto-off time and volume of coffee to be brewed. Stay tuned for the upgraded version, that will attempt to read your mind.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|Tips and Tricks||When using the hot chocolate function (and we know you'll be using it a lot!), we suggest adding chocolate in powder form for the best overall consistency.|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||30.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Cup Clearance||5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||48 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - Optional, with Steam Wand|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 ounces|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi PrimaDonna Exclusive ESAM6900.M
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi PrimaDonna Exclusive ESAM6900.M
- Descale every two to three months. You will receive your first round of descaler with a newly purchased machine.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap) about once per week.
- For optimal results, run the rinsing cycle after frothing milk.
User Manuals for your DeLonghi PrimaDonna Exclusive ESAM6900.M
Performs as DescribedReview by Steve
Quality Price Value
This is a very nice machine and a big step up for me. Before the Delonghi I used a Rancilio Silvia PID. It worked fine for me but my wife never wanted to mess with it. With the ESAM6900 she can make her coffee and Cappuccino every morning. I like espresso, and shots delivered out of this machine are very nice once you get the grinder dialed in. I bought mine when Delonghi was running its 20% off sale. I also signed up for the mailing for additional savings. Watch all the reviews on the web. They will help you make a decision. the chocolate feature does work and if you have the correct mix you will get Italian Style hot Chocolate. No sample was included with my unit however. The manual does NOT include the dosages per setting. It does include the fluid amounts but is missing the coffee amounts. Foamed milk is cool to warm as others mention. For what I wanted it for it works very well. Setting profiles specific to each user is a nice feature and one that sets the 6900 apart from some of the others.
(Posted on 6/30/14)
Great machine - Milk could be warmerReview by Marc
Quality Price Value
I have had this machine for about a week now. So far it has preformed flawlessly. Makes a great cup of espresso. Easy to operate and clean. The insulated milk container is a plus. The only con is like most automatics the steamed milk could be hotter. I read on some of the foreign boards (Australia and England) that Delonghi provided them with a grommet that reduced the flow of milk and thus increased the temperature. I found the grommet on a Delonghi site in England but not here in America. Also the part is not available for shipping to the US.
So other than the milk temperature isuse this is a fantastic machine.
(Posted on 3/6/14)