Retro and intriguing, the Francis Francis X1 provides all the essentials to brew an enticing shot of espresso and delectable milk based drink (latte or cappuccino, anyone?). Featuring a centrally located temperature gauge with steam and coffee icons to let you know when the X1 is at optimal temperature to brew and steam. Simple coffee and steam switches sit adjacent to one another for transitional ease.
Features & Functionality of the Francis Francis X1 Espresso Machine
- Cup Warmer: Warm your espresso cups on top of the X1 prior to brewing.
- Simple Switches: No confusion here! The X1 offers three easy switches (on/off, brew, steam) for fewer head-scratching moments.
- Steam Knob: Turn the prominent steam knob counter-clockwise to control steam power.
- Notification Sound: When alternating between brewing and steaming, the X1 will let you know when it's ready with a friendly beep.
- Hot Water Option: The X1 may not have a hot water switch, but Francis Francis still included a way to dispense hot water: Flip both the coffee and steam switches in the up position. Once the ready light is on, turn the steam knob counter-clockwise and flip the coffee switch down. Hot water will then dispense through the steam wand.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|Tips and Tricks||
The X1 includes a non-pressurized portafilter, so having a good quality grinder is ideal to achieve the best possible shot.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||18.5000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||40.50 ounces|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/baratza-virtuoso-preciso-burr-grinder May 27, 2014
Lynn May 20, 2014
We have a Solis Grinder and for the Aroma would always grind pretty fine and realized that with the pressurized system of the Aroma it didn't make a big difference.
So with our grinder and good tamping practice with the Francis Francis X1 we should be able to produce better shots than the Aroma... Yes?
We were also given a Capresso C1000 which seems to use more coffee to produce a decent shot.
What are your thoughts now and I really appreciate your time and answers.
Lynn May 21, 2014
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Francis Francis X1 Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Francis Francis X1 Espresso Machine
Empty and wash the water tank weekly.
Empty and and rinse the dump every few days.