A great cup of coffee starts with a well-roasted bean. Hottop takes coffee to the next level with its Programmable KN-8828P-2K Coffee Bean Roaster. Featuring a heavy-duty stainless steel case and drum, the Hottop machine is fully automatic and offers programmable roasting profiles, plus precise control over temperature, timing and roast level. The KN-8828P-2K model delivers enough freshly roasted coffee to produce about 25 cups of drip brewed coffee and is ideal for home or light commercial use.
Features & Functionality of the Hottop Programmable Coffee Bean Roaster
- Major Capacity: Roasts up to 1.3 cups of green beans in 17 minutes, which yields enough grounds for about 25 servings of drip brewed coffee!
- Control and Quality: The easy-touch buttons and LCD display allow precise control over the quality of your roasting cycle, and the glass chamber allows clear visibility, during every stage of the roast.
- Temperature Matters: External cooling tray with agitation arm and cooling fan (with five speed settings!), so beans maintain a consistent temperature and cool in four to five minutes when completed.
- Easy-Clean: Double Filtration Chaff collection that also disassembles for easy cleaning.
- Memory: The ten memory settings can be used to save favorite roasting profiles.
- Built-In Safety: The machine prevents overheating by automatically dumping beans if the unit gets to a certain temperature.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
Hottop offers two models, the "B" model which is a very hands on manual and precise roaster and the "P" model which has programmability and can automatically roast beans.
|Tips and Tricks||
New to the KN-8828P-2K is the addition of a K thermocouple to sense the roasting temperatures. Faster-response time to changes and and more accurate roasting are the result.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||25.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Max Roast Capacity||1-1.3 cups/8-10.5 ounces/225-300 grams|
|Roast Level Shades||Shade: Black Brown | Name: French, Shade: Dark Brown | Names: French, Espresso, Shade: Light Brown | Names: Light, Cinnamon, Shade: Medium Brown | Names: Medium, American, Shade: Medium Dark Brown | Names: Viennese, Full City, Light French, Espresso, Shade: Very Dark Brown | Names: Italian, Dark French|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Hottop Programmable Coffee Bean Roaster
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Hottop|
|Warranty Contact Information:||Email Hottop at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
User Manuals for your Hottop Programmable Coffee Bean Roaster
Good Overall RoasterReview by Vargas
Value Quality Price
Although the pricepoint was a little high for a home roaster, the roaster itself is on the larger side of home roasters. So far so good. I have had the roaster for the last week now and seems to do all things that it promised and has managed to impress me. The value is great. For being a 250 to 300 gram roaster it does a great job. A step above this roaster, which would put us in the professional sample 1 lbs roaster range is considerably more expensive and would(close to triple the cost). I do agree that the manual could be more informative, but I think the instructions are simple enough to get one started and we can do the rest, meaning learn our way to our own perfect roast, which always differs from roast to roast, depending on the multitude of factors that can affect a roast. This a great roaster that can help one get started in the deep love and understanding of coffee.
(Posted on 10/9/13)
Happy with purchaseReview by Deiter
Value Quality Price
I like the roaster, but a better instruction manual for manual mode would be nice, also a larger or lighted area to view beans near end of roasting..
(Posted on 7/15/13)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$15.00 As low as: $14.00
Regular Price: $5.00
Our Price: $4.00