From its polished steel case to its professional-grade functions, the Izzo Alex Duetto II Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine is a powerful drink maker that's designed to capture your eye and produce an excellent cup of espresso. Izzo's Alex Duetto II features a new top-opening reservoir, an easy-to-adjust interior expansion valve, a convertible water source (choose between the internal reservoir or plumbing it in), a double boiler with a sophisticated PID interface control and the E61 brew group and no-burn steam and hot water wands, which give you complete control over the heat, quality and flavor of your espresso drinks.
Features & Functionality of the Izzo Alex Duetto II
- Water Source Switch: Easily flip between a main line or reservoir source for your water by using the switch located under the drip tray. The Duetto II includes a hose used to hook your machine into your house's plumbing if you select the main line source for water.
- Multi-Functional PID: The primary control interface for the Duetto II, the PID allows you to control the following:
- Temperature of the brew/group boiler and the steam boiler -- no longer has a steam boiler pressure stat
- Change the machine between 15 amp and 20 amp
- Select Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Program the offset for both boilers, making it easy to increase the steam boiler pressure
- Turn either boiler off -- a great energy saving feature if, for example, you're making espresso only and don't want to use the steam boiler
- Commercial E61: This patented brew system is lever controlled and maintains excellent temperature consistency throughout your extraction.
- Stainless Steel: Everything, including the frame, is made from high-quality and durable stainless steel materials.
- Large Drip Tray: Removable drip tray has tons of capacity and can be installed with a drain kit if desired.
- Dual Boilers: Separate boilers maintain temperatures for your brewing and steaming, allowing for fine-tuned temperature regulation and simultaneous steaming and brewing.
- Rotary Pump: Extremely quiet rotary pump makes early morning espresso a smooth an almost noiseless enterprise.
- Large Water Reservoir: If set to reservoir mode, the 2.4 liter tank features a low water sensor that will cut power to the heater, preserving boiler functionality.
- No-burn Steam Wands: Models produced after April 2010 now feature insulated steam and hot water wands.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||This is a great quality machine, but it is a bit excessive for home use.|
|Tips and Tricks||You may want to keep this machine on so you don't have to wait for it to heat up in the morning when you're in a hurry.|
|Watts||Steam Boiler: 1200W | Brew Boiler: 800W|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||2.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||Steam Boiler: 1.8 liter | Brew Boiler: .8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||2.4 liter|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes and 45 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Izzo Alex Duetto II
|What it Covers:||
Izzo espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Izzo Alex Duetto II
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.