From its polished steel case to its professional-grade functions, the Izzo Alex Duetto II Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine is a powerful drink maker that's designed to capture your eye and produce an excellent cup of espresso. Izzo's Alex Duetto II features a new top-opening reservoir, an easy-to-adjust interior expansion valve, a convertible water source (choose between the internal reservoir or plumbing it in), a double boiler with a sophisticated PID interface control and the E61 brew group and no-burn steam and hot water wands, which give you complete control over the heat, quality and flavor of your espresso drinks.
Features & Functionality of the Izzo Alex Duetto II
- Water Source Switch: Easily flip between a main line or reservoir source for your water by using the switch located under the drip tray. The Duetto II includes a hose used to hook your machine into your house's plumbing if you select the main line source for water.
- Multi-Functional PID: The primary control interface for the Duetto II, the PID allows you to control the following:
- Temperature of the brew/group boiler and the steam boiler -- no longer has a steam boiler pressure stat
- Change the machine between 15 amp and 20 amp
- Select Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Program the offset for both boilers, making it easy to increase the steam boiler pressure
- Turn either boiler off -- a great energy saving feature if, for example, you're making espresso only and don't want to use the steam boiler
- Commercial E61: This patented brew system is lever controlled and maintains excellent temperature consistency throughout your extraction.
- Stainless Steel: Everything, including the frame, is made from high-quality and durable stainless steel materials.
- Large Drip Tray: Removable drip tray has tons of capacity and can be installed with a drain kit if desired.
- Dual Boilers: Separate boilers maintain temperatures for your brewing and steaming, allowing for fine-tuned temperature regulation and simultaneous steaming and brewing.
- Rotary Pump: Extremely quiet rotary pump makes early morning espresso a smooth an almost noiseless enterprise.
- Large Water Reservoir: If set to reservoir mode, the 2.4 liter tank features a low water sensor that will cut power to the heater, preserving boiler functionality.
- No-burn Steam Wands: Models produced after April 2010 now feature insulated steam and hot water wands.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||This is a great quality machine, but it is a bit excessive for home use.|
|Tips and Tricks||You may want to keep this machine on so you don't have to wait for it to heat up in the morning when you're in a hurry.|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||60.0000|
|Watts||Steam Boiler: 1200W | Brew Boiler: 800W|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||2.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||Steam Boiler: 1.8 liter | Brew Boiler: .8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||2.4 liter|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes and 45 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
If you have further questions, give us a call to speak with commercial sales. 866-372-4734 Jan 6, 2014
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Izzo Alex Duetto II
|What it Covers:||
Izzo espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Izzo Alex Duetto II
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.