From its polished steel case to its professional grade functions, the Izzo Alex Duetto II Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine is a powerful drink maker that's designed to capture your eye and produce an excellent cup of espresso. Izzo's Alex Duetto II features a new top-opening reservoir, an easy-to-adjust interior expansion valve, a convertible water source (choose between the internal reservoir or plumb it in), a double boiler with a sophisticated PID interface control and the E61 brew group and no-burn steam and hot water wands, which give you complete control over the heat, quality and flavor of your espresso drinks.
How the Izzo Alex Duetto II Works
- The Alex Duetto II is a Semi-Automatic espresso machine with dual boilers, which means you can brew and steam simultaneously.
- The upgraded PID is the primary interface for choosing temperature in either the brew boiler or the steam boiler, choosing the amp (either 15 or 20), switching between Celsius and Fahrenheit and turning either boiler off and on, among other functions.
- It also has a defining technology that allows you to easily switch between a reservoir or main line water source, with the flip of the switch located under the drip tray, and it comes with a hose for hooking it up to your internal plumbing.
Features & Functionality of the Izzo Alex Duetto II
- Water Source Switch: Easily flip between a main line or reservoir source for your water by using the switch located under the drip tray. The Duetto II includes a hose used to hook your machine into your house's plumbing if you select the main line source for water.
- Multi-Functional PID: The primary control interface for the Duetto II, the PID allows maximum control of temperature, amps, and pressure.
- Savings: Turn either boiler off -- a great energy saving feature if, for example, you're making espresso only and don't want to use the steam boiler.
- Commercial E61: This patented brew system is lever controlled and maintains excellent temperature consistency throughout your extraction.
- Stainless Steel: Everything, including the frame, is made from high-quality and durable stainless steel materials.
- Large Drip Tray: Removable drip tray has tons of capacity and can be installed with a drain kit if desired.
- Dual Boilers: Separate boilers maintain temperatures for your brewing and steaming, allowing for fine-tuned temperature regulation and simultaneous steaming and brewing.
- Rotary Pump: Extremely quiet rotary pump makes early morning espresso a smooth and almost noiseless enterprise.
- Large Water Reservoir: If set to reservoir mode, the 2.4 liter tank features a low water sensor that will cut power to the heater, preserving boiler functionality.
- No-burn Steam Wands: Models produced after April 2010 now feature insulated steam and hot water wands.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
This is a quality machine. The minor things that we did not like in the Duetto II have been addressed in the latest Duetto III version.
|Tips and Tricks||
You may want to keep this machine on so you don't have to wait for it to heat up in the morning when you're in a hurry.
|Height||15.75 inches without cup rail|
|Watts||Steam Boiler: 1200W | Brew Boiler: 800W|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||2.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||Steam Boiler: 1.8 liter | Brew Boiler: .8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||2.4 liter|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||9 minutes and 45 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Izzo Alex Duetto II
|What it Covers:||
Izzo espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Izzo Alex Duetto II
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
Beautiful With Outstanding EspressoReview by Adam
Quality Value Price
I have been researching semiautomatic Espresso machines for a very long time and have a habbit of buying the very best.
My research has lead me to learn a great deal, but has also lead me to this Outstanding! machine.
Things I was looking for:(not in this order)
2. E61 Group or something equally as good(I also liked the looks of the E61)
3. Commercial Quality
4. Tanked with optional plumb
5. PID (not a must but really liked)
6. Excellent in the cup time after time!
7. Semiautomatic prefferably with a lever action
8. Heat Exchange or Double Boiler
9. Very stable temperature
10. Ajustable temperature
This machine has it all. Aside from buying the GS3 which was way out of my price range, this machine has the same quality results and build quality with a milder price and a bit more forgiving with the extraction than the GS3.
I can't say enough good things about this machine. Its built like a tank, 87lbs shipping weight.
I got the optional cup rails which add a lot to the looks as well as making tank filling much easier. I special ordered toggle steam and hot water knobs from another supplier and I highly recommend them.
If you want to take your art to the next level I wouldn't look anywhere else.
Great Taste, Easy To Use, Commercial Grade, Easily Serviced, Quiet, Easy To Clean, Excellent Control
Lots to keep shiny
(Posted on 6/12/11)
Wow!Review by Greenphotobug
Quality Value Price
It is a work of art!
The Alex Duetto II has changed the way I drink coffee. I rarely drank espresso before this jewel, preferring milk based drinks to remove the bitterness. Now I drink at least 4 espressos a day.
I can now taste distinct flavors in the coffee. I have started hunting local shops with fresh roasted beans.
It took some time to adjust the Vario grinder to the right setting. Now it is smooth great coffee.
Great Taste, Large Water Container, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 9/2/10)