Short on time? Give the Jura ENA 9 One-Touch Espresso Machine a try. It's small, sleek and does all the work for you, serving up lattes, macchiatos and cappuccinos with the touch of a button. With its compact size, yet powerful performance, Jura's ENA 9 One Touch stands out from the rest of the Swiss Super-Automatics in its family. What's more, the ENA 9 also features a height-adjustable dual spout that can adjust anywhere between three to five inches, making it easy for you to satisfy the smallest to biggest caffeinated cravings.
How the Jura ENA 9 Works
- Fill tank with fresh cold water
- Fill bean container with coffee beans
- Place a cup below the spouts and adjust spouts to desired cup height
- Set the rotary dial to your desired drink, volume and strength settings
- For latte, macchiato or cappuccino, connect the milk pipe to the dual spout. Ensure that the filling height of the milk is no higher than the milk pipe connections on the dual spout.
- Coffee preparation will start and will stop automatically when ready
Features and Functionality of the Jura ENA 9
- Specialty Coffee:This machine offers the full repertoire of specialty drinks at the touch of a button: latte, macchiato, cappuccino, Aroma Boost, coffee, 2 espresso, 2 coffees.
- Fine Foam Technology: The state-of-the-art fine foam technology creates milk foam with a fine, feather-light consistency.
- Aroma Boost: The Aroma Boost function provides a natural, refreshing energy boost when you need it. At the touch of a button it freshly grinds the maximum amount of power and extracts it in the variable brewing chamber under optimum conditions to make and extra-strong espresso or lungo.
- Elegant Color Scheme: The front and top parts of the Ena 9 One Touch are finsihed with a glossy double coat of metallic-look lacquer. The sides and back in Piano Black and the high-gloss chrome-plated dual spout perfectly complement the lines of the machine to creates a multi-award winning design.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
This machine is a step up from the ENA 4 with more programmability and an auto-froth function.
|Tips and Tricks||
Thoroughly clean the frothing attachments after every use.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||45.0000|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||37 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||57 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||15 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||4.4 oz|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Can someone please explain the major differences between the ENA 9 and the ENA5?
From what I can tell the 5 has both a panarello and autofrother, while the 9 only has the auto froth, but there has to be more to it than that.
Thank! Jul 17, 2013
My 2year old loves drinking "coffee" with me and so I've just steamed him some milk in the past, which makes him very happy, but I'm not ready to make him a coffee addict yet ;) Mar 18, 2013
The Ena 9 is a new model; Any problems discovered? Is Jura REALLY superior to other brands? Thank you. tb May 23, 2012
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Jura ENA 9
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, tea makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Jura ENA 9
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Jura Descaling Tablets
A machine with some issues to work outReview by Sanne
Price Value Quality
We have had 3 replacement machines (lemons) since we purchased our machine in June 2012. One machine did not work at all, the second had problems with the system fill (light did not disappear). The third machine's grinder was not working after a couple of days and the fill beans light kept coming on. Our current machine lasted one year and recently I sent it in for repair because the fill beans light came on and the machine did not react to the beans in the bean compartment (again problem with the grinder). Speaking to Jura customer service, prior to sending it in, they told me since the beans are oilier here in US compared to Europe, we should let the beans dry in the air for several hours on paper towels. Personally, I think that is a lot of trouble, and not the way to handle quality coffee beans which should be kept dark and air tight. The Jura should be able to handle the beans on the US market, if it's offered here.
When the machine works it is great. The coffee is tremendous! However, I am not at ease and will not be surprised when the machine gives up on us next time. Since it is still under warranty, 2 years, I am contemplating returning it or buying an extended warranty of 1 year. This machine has only been on the US market since 2011, so still fairly new, and maybe in need of some adjustments to make it a great addition to the kitchen.
(Posted on 2/21/14)
Drinks are not too hotReview by Mkf
Price Value Quality
I like everything about this machine except that the drinks are not really hot
(Posted on 5/11/13)
good machineReview by Michael
Price Value Quality
very nice machine, makes great coffee, only complaint is milk not as hot as I would like and can't just steam milk only.
(Posted on 1/5/13)
Impressive, easy to use, easy to cleanReview by David Lin
Price Value Quality
Just feed your Jura with water, coffee beans and milk and press a button for a delicious latte. It steams the milk and adds the expresso under one spout so you don't need to move your cup.
Programming this machine is a cinch. The knob works like a mouse. Press to activate and turn to scroll through the main menus. Press again to go into the sub-menus. Use exit to get out f either. These settings can be adjusted on-the-fly to override your permanent settings.
Screen display is intuitive. Red when it wants you to do something specific. Green when it's ready to go.
Heats up in 30 seconds. Does a rinse when it starts and turns off. Asks you to do a cap/latte rinse after a cap/latte.
(Posted on 7/20/12)