The Jura J5 features elegant lines that compliments any high-end kitchen design. High-end materials, a rich platinum metallic treatment for the front and top with tasteful chrome accents contrast with matte black side and back panels. The 18-bar pump combines with a fast-heating stainless steel lined Thermoblock that delivers cup after cup of coffee with no downtime. Within seconds the J5 is ready to deliver ample steam to heat and froth milk. The J5 is equipped with two frothing technologies (Dual Frother Plus and frothXpress), Clearyl water filter system, elegant cup illumination and bipass doser for decaf or flavored pre-ground coffee. Water (71 oz.) and bean capacity (9 oz.) are larger than in any other compact coffee center.
How the Jura Impressa J5 Works
- Fill the water tank to the maximum mark and prime machine per user manual.
- Fill the bean hopper with beans.
- Place a cup below the spouts
- Push button for desired drink
Features & Functionality of the Jura Impressa J5 Coffee Center
- Operating Center: - The rotary dial, the LED display and six programmable one-touch buttons (four coffee buttons, one hot water and one steam button) are easily accessible in the middle and top of the machine.
- Bean Sensor - Never run out of beans! The built-in bean sensor reminds you to refill the 9 oz. bean container, so you will never run out of beans.
- Butterfly Coffee Spout/Cup Illumination - A first for coffee centers: the dual coffee spout design moves up/down and in/out (Butterfly-design) to accommodate a larger range of cups. Cup illumination puts the spotlight on every coffee you make.
- Two Frothing Systems - The dual frother plus with its two settings (steam and froth or steam only) lets you froth in any kind of pitcher. It will also dispense hot water for tea and other beverages. The automatic frothXpress siphons cold milk from any container and transforms it automatically into hot frothed or steamed milk and delivers it directly to your cup.
- Water Storage - A water level sensor makes sure that there is always water in the 71 oz. removable water tank. It also holds the Clearyl water filter, which improves the quality of tap water and eliminates decalcifying. A customized storage compartment keeps the Dual
- Frother Plus and ground coffee scoop close at hand.
- Innovation - Rotary Dial - As well as a long list of standard Jura features the Impressa J5 introduces new technologies in the compact class. All functions are centrally located. Adding a new level of convenience, the well-designed and user-friendly rotary dial allows you to override any settings for coffee and steam. Pushing the integrated rotary button allows you to enter 11 programming options. All functions and settings are clearly communicated in the alpha-numeric LED display.
- Ceramic Valve Technology - This new technology shortens the flow of coffee resulting in a hotter temperature and more creme in your cup for the best in high-pressure brewed coffee, ristretto, espresso, latte, cappuccino, cafe mocha latte and more.
- Triple Hot Water Temperature - The unique triple temperature setting for hot water output produces a hotter Cafe Americano, pre-warms your coffee cups faster and accommodates a larger variety of tea preparation.
- Low Noise Design - The insulated burr grinder features the lowest noise grinding of any coffee center today.
Included Accessories with the Jura Impressa J5
- Measuring Scoop
- Illustrated Instruction Booklet and Quick Reference Guide
- Instructional DVD
|Tips and Tricks||We suggest that you clean all the milk components thoroughly after each use.|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||71 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute 4 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||15 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - Optional, with Steam Wand|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 oz|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
I bought one of these machines from Seattle coffee about 4 months ago.... and am happy with the purchase.
As for your questions. Yes, the machine is white on the sides only. Silver on the front and back. Very nice looking machine and I feel worth the price for the convenience of an automatic espresso machine at home.
As for Americanos, my friend sometimes makes them and he's happy with the flavor so that's all I can say. I myself normally just make espresso shots which are quick and easy. It's very addicting so I warn you. I have sometimes 6 shots a day now, so am loving the caffeine! A double shot only takes about 30 seconds to make! I have not used the frothing capabilities of the machine yet, so can't comment on how good/bad that is. I'd imagine once you have the technique down it'd be fine.
This item ships from the factory and I've found their service on the machines are quite prompt as I had to return mine once due to stuck water valve. That is unusual I was told and they promptly sent me another machine out the same day they received mine.
I'd highly recommend this brand to anyone. It's a very well made machine that delivers what the manufacture promises!
White Salmon,WA Apr 6, 2012
Yes, the machine is white on the sides and is well styled, I think that it comes in black as well. It would be good at making Americanos. However, the frothing function for making lattes & capaccinos is a seperate manual function and is automatic only on the more coslty machines.
Hope this helps,
Ron Apr 9, 2012
this is the machine with silver on the front and top and white on the sides. This machine makes incredibly good americanos as well as fantastic espressos. We rarely make lattes because we enjoy the coffee so much.
I hope this helps you with your decision.
richard Apr 8, 2012
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Jura J5 Refurbished Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Rocket Espresso, Rancilio Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Jura Impressa J5
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Jura Descaling Tablets
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
I already own two, what else can I say.Review by richard
Quality Value Price
I work at home. Thus I look forward more and more to my coffee break. Great way to relax.
Easy To Use, Quiet, Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing, Commercial Grade, Large Water Container
(Posted on 5/18/12)
extremely pleasedReview by richard
Quality Value Price
I work at home and use the coffee machine as needed. Great coffee.
Great Taste, Quiet, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 2/12/12)
Phenominal!Review by Coffeeguru
Quality Value Price
I own 2 of these, 1 as a backup! I have referred 14 people to these, and all don't know how they ever lived without it. The only thing is it needs to be serviced once every year or 2, but for what it does, that is worth it. The cost is reasonable to service, and it comes back like new! I use Cafe Rey beans, and they work flawlessly, and make a great cup.
(Posted on 12/27/11)