Like magpies we get totally distracted by sparkly things. Enter the bright and colorful screen of the Jura Impressa J9 One Touch TFT. Jura has taken the typical espresso machine digital screen a notch higher — maybe even a few notches higher — with this interactive and visually striking version. At the push of the rotary button, the J9 One Touch's menu pops up, complete with text and images, to reveal a list of specialty drinks from which to choose as well as a helpful guide to customize your own drinks, maintain your machine, and when to refill your water tank. To the detail-obsessed users: You can even choose the color scheme of your screen. Talk about sparkles!
Features & Functionality of the Jura Impressa J9 One Touch
- One-Touch Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato Buttons: With the One-Touch Cappuccino button, your coffee is ground, the chilled milk is siphoned, heated and frothed into your cup. The coffee is then brewed without ever moving your cup.
- Bright TFT Display: Guides you through all of your drink options, maintenance needs and display settings at the push of the rotary switch.
- Insulated Stainless Steel Milk Container: Keeps 20.3 ounces of milk cold for up to eight hours.
- FrothXpress Plus System: Automated milk frothing system.
- Energy Saving Mode: When the energy saving mode is on, there is zero energy draw.
- Programming: Auto on/off, coffee strength, water and steam portions, brewing temperature, water volume. Three coffee strength levels and two temperature levels to choose from.
- Commercial Solid Steel Conical Burr Grinder: Professional quality, sound insulated, with six fineness settings.
- Bypass Doser: Pre-ground coffee funnel for flavored/coated pre-ground coffee.
- Clearyl Water Care System: Makes decalcifying virtually obsolete.
- Adjustable Cup Height: The coffee spout adjusts in height from 2.5 inches to 6 inches.
- Rotary Dial: Programming, maintenance and information accessed via the rotary dial on face of machine.
- Diverse Settings: The Impressa J9 can be set to seven different languages, displays cup size and time in European and American formats, keeps track of all activities and can be set to turn on and off automatically.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
"The latest and the greatest" says Gail. There are more drink choices with this machine and it's easy to program. The illuminated lights under the dispensers really help you focus on the job at hand, especially on those early morning before you've had your first cup!
|Tips and Tricks||
We suggest that you clean all the milk components thoroughly after each use.
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||71 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||None|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute 4 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||15 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 oz|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Vince Mar 27, 2013
Thanks May 26, 2012
vince Feb 12, 2013
1) size of water tank (71 vs 96 oz)
2) 1 thermoblock vs 2
3) bean capacity (8 oz vs 10 oz)
If you are one or two folks using the machine the J9 should be fine. I have had it for a few days now and am liking it a lot (one person). Daily-end-of-day milk frother cleaning before shutdown takes less than 5 minutes. J9 also apears to have more displays/pictures. Nov 21, 2011
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Jura J9 Impressa One Touch
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-braded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Jura Impressa J9 One Touch
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Jura Descaling Tablets
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
User Manuals for your Jura Impressa J9 One Touch
Articles Featuring the Jura Impressa J9 One Touch
Videos Featuring the Jura Impressa J9 One Touch
Best Coffee I've ever had at home!Review by Seth
Quality Price Value
Over the years I've had many drip coffee makers, some okay (Cuisinart, Bunn) and one exceptional (Technivorm Moccamaster). But I have wanted a Jura superautomatic machine ever since I sampled some coffee from a Jura S9 some years ago. It tasted so good that I knew at some point in the future I would buy a Jura superautomatic. And as good as drip coffee is, there is no way, in my opinion, that it can match the taste from a machine like a Jura.
So after a lot of research, and reading countless reviews, I decided to buy a Jura J9 One Touch TFT. I placed my order from the very nice folks here at Seattle Coffee Gear, and within a week or so I had my brand new J9! After unpacking it and setting it on the counter with both a Jura cup warmer and milk cooler complementing it, I was ready to start using this gorgeous machine.
Setting it up via the TFT color display was a breeze. And from the first cup of coffee, espresso, and cappuccino it made, I have been so spoiled with this machine. I can honestly say that I will never go back to regular drip coffee now. The milk foam that this machine produces is fantastic! The thing that I have learned with nearly four months of every day use, is keeping the frother attachment super clean it vital! Just using regular water with no Jura cappuccino cleaner liquid just won't get the frother clean enough.
And having to remove and disassemble the frother attachment isn't the funnest thing to do. So What I did is set the machine to rinse immediately. So now after I make the amount of milk based drinks I want, I press the center button on top of the machine and it rinses the frother. This really helps to keep the milk from drying inside the attachment as quickly.
I know that using the Jura cappuccino cleaning solution can get pricey, but in my experience, its use is essential to keep this part working optimally. So after I know that the milk frother will not be used again that day, I go ahead and do a full frother cleaning using the Jura solution. And so far, by doing it this way, it has kept the milk frother working excellent.
Also very important is to always clean the machine, change the filter (if using one), as soon as the machine asks you to. I also empty the drip tray and coffee grounds daily. By keeping up with the maintenance on this machine, you will always be rewarded with the finest tasting coffee creations this machine produces.
In summary, so far I am LOVING my Jura J9 TFT! I hope it lasts me for many years, as I look forward to my specialty coffee everyday.
On a scale of 10, I give the J9 TFT a 10+. I highly recommend this machine!
(Posted on 2/23/13)
Great Machine But.........Review by x
Price Value Quality
Very easy to use and makes a good espresso, latte, cap.
However, temperature is a major issue. Lattes and caps are warm and espressos/coffees are just hot enough for the first few minutes.
I am returning mine.
(Posted on 1/4/13)
Best MachineReview by Ana
Value Quality Price
The Jura J9 in my opinion is the most elegant and complete machine. Worth the money for sure.
(Posted on 9/4/12)