La Marzocco GB/5 Commercial Machine - GB/5 Mechanical Paddle (MP)
Availability: In stock
Please Note: Please allow a minimum of 1-3 business days for processing prior to shipment. If you need this item by a specific date, please contact us so we can be certain your needs will be met. Thank you!
La Marzocco is in a league of its own when it comes to the functionality, style and available customization of its commercial machines. And the GB/5 Mechanical Paddle (MP) is no exception. This well-designed Italian commercial espresso machine produces high quality and consistent espresso. The two group unit is the perfect size for a small to mid-sized cafe with light to moderate traffic.
Compare the different versions:
- Semi-automatic (EE): This version is what you might commonly find in your average coffee shop, where time and water quantity are all controlled by the barista during extraction. No need to worry about pressure profiles, as these machines will take care of that for you.
- Auto-Volumetric (AV): This version will take a lot of the guess work out of your extraction variables by setting water quantity profiles that will keep everything much more consistent across the board. This sort of machine is considered quite a bit easier to use.
- Mechanical Paddle (MP): This version will allow for pre-infusion to take place before pulling your shots. This sort of feature will go even further to ensure that your coffee extraction is even more consistent.
Features & Functionality of the La Marzocco GB/5
- Double Boiler: Eliminate inconsistency while also speeding things up with this double boiler machine. It's capable of extracting espresso and steaming milk at the same time with very little temperature variance.
- Personal Preference: Select from a variety of machine styles: automatic (AV), semi-automatic (EE), or mechanical paddle (MP).
- Articulating Steam Wand: The steam wands on the GB/5 can easily be moved into multiple directions on its pivot base, which allows baristas to steam and froth milk to their preference.
- High Capacity: The GB/5 is rated to brew between 50 to 100 shots of espresso an hour, making it capable of handling the busiest coffee shops. It has a pre-heating system that warms water even before it enters the coffee boiler.
- Hot Water Dispenser: Make tea or hot cocoa on the fly with the GB/5's quick dispensing hot water nozzle.
- Installed PID: The GB/5 features a PID for complete temperature control, making it even easier to customize your drinks for those customers with decisive pallets.
- Cup Warmer: The top of the GB/5 functions wonderfully as a cup warmer, drawing heat directly from the boilers to the stainless-steel top.
- Dual Steam Wands: We like to use these for latte art competitions around the office, but they also serve wonderfully in busy settings where multiple drinks need to be made at once.
- Saturated Groups: With brew heads connected directly to the boiler, this feature will ensure thermal stability for every shot produced.
- Direct Water Line: Once you get this machine all plumbed in, never worry about running out of water mid-shot with automatic refilling directly from your water line.
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the La Marzocco GB/5
|What it Covers:||
La Marzocco espresso machines
- 2 Years (GS/3)
- 13 months (All other models)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org|
The GS/3 is eligible for SCG's standard warranty service and support. Read more about what's covered.
All other models are covered by a limited commercial-class warranty, which includes parts only and assistance with coordinating on-site repair services. Please discuss with your commercial sales rep for more information.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||
Yes (GS/3 only).
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the La Marzocco GB/5
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily
- Soap out the drip tray every few days
- Clean the filter basket each week
- Keep the steam wand clean; make sure to wipe it down after each use
Tech Specs for the La Marzocca GB/5
|Options:||2 Gr||3 Gr||4 Gr|
|Color||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Power||220 Volts, 4600Watts||220 Volts, 6100Watts||220 Volts, 8000Watts|
|Amps||30 amp circuit required||50 amp circuit required||50 amp circuit required|
|Size||22 H x 25 D x 30 W||22 H x 25 D x 38 W||22 H x 25 D x 47 W|
|Weight||141 bs||163 lbs||207 lbs|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Capacity||3.4 L (Coffee)/ 7 L (Steam)||5 L (Coffee)/ 11 L (Steam)||6.8 L (Coffee)/ 14.5 L (Steam)|