If you have never seen the crema that comes off of a bottomless portafilter, allow us to express just how perfect it is, both in taste and in aesthetics. La Marzocco has created this Bottomless Portafilter for its wonderfully designed GS/3 machines.
This well crafted portafilter does not include a basket.
How the La Marzocco GS/3 Bottomless Portafilter Works
Fill it up just like you would a standard portafilter.
- Lightly fill the portafilter basket to the top.
- Use your finger to gently even out the grounds.
- Lightly press the tamper into the grounds and find a good center point.
- Evenly apply approximately 30 pounds of pressure to the grounds.
- Tap the side of the portafilter to reveal loose grounds.
- Sit back and enjoy one of the coolest-looking effects in espresso extraction.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||1.5000|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/la-marzocco-strada-portafilter-basket-58mm Mar 14, 2014
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Have suggestions on what you'd like to see here? Send us an email!
A seriously good addition to a LM GS/3Review by Marshal
Quality Value Price
If you want/need to see what happens before the extracted coffee falls into your cup or shot glass, this is the way to go. Channeling and under- or over-extraction can be seen as it happens. IMHO: this portafilter base, particularly when used with the Strada double or tripple, laser-drilled baskets, completes the already terrific La Marzocco GS/3. It is so good that I believe that LM does itself a disservice by not providing it as one of their standard issues.
Easy To Use, Commercial Grade, Great Taste, Can see extraction output, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 12/13/11)