La Pavoni Professional Manual Espresso Machine PPG-16 in Gold Plated Brass is a star performer. Sure you can't help but admire all that golden goodness, and just wait until you taste the gold medal winning espresso shots you can pull with it. Classic Italian construction gives you complete control over your brew. Capable of pulling up to sixteen manual shots this baby will make it to the finish line setting records for style and taste! Practice makes perfect, especially true for a La Pavoni manual espresso machine, very soon though you will be ready for the espresso Olympics!
Features & Functionality of the La Pavoni Professional PPG-16
- Large Boiler: Pull up to sixteen 2 oz. cups of espresso with the 38 oz. boiler.
- Dual Frothing System: Use the manual wand or automatic frothing adapter to steam your milk.
- Internal Thermostat and Mounted Pressure Gauge: Easily monitor and control pressure with the internal thermostat and mounted pressure gauge.
- Varying Brewing Capacity: You can select to make one or two cups at a time.
- Nickel Plated Boiler: The nickel plated solid brass boiler provides improved temperature regulation.
|Case Material||Gold-Plated Brass|
|Cup Clearance||2.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||54 oz|
|Reservoir Size||54 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||15 minutes|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the La Pavoni Professional PPG-16
|What it Covers:||
La Pavoni espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||European Gift|
|Warranty Contact Information:||914-664-3448|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the La Pavoni Professional PPG-16
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Wash all removable components with soap and water on a regular basis (many are not dishwasher safe).
- Clean steam wand with damp cloth immediately after use.
- Clean brew head with group head brush.
User Manual for La Pavoni Professional
Videos Featuring La Pavoni Espresso Machines
Ultimate Manual ExperienceReview by Frank
Quality Price Value
I bought my La Pavoni after using a Baby Gaggia for about 10 years. The lever machine seriously raised my home barista skills. Each lever pull offers an adventure in learning and the espresso is usually a joy to drink. I've had the PPG-16 for about a year now and it still puts a smile on my face when I see it waiting for me in the morning.
Warm-up time is always less than 10 minutes.
Froths milk beautifully although I switched to a single hole tip.
User serviceable machine with no problems.
The best espresso I have ever made. (Mazzer Mini helps, also).
Unmatched sculptural beauty with a small footprint.
Easy to keep clean and maintain.
Don't touch the boiler when it is turned on.
Wait 30 seconds for the pressure to dissipate before removing the portafilter.
This is not a machine to make repeat cappuccinos at a party, unless you are the entertainment.
In summary, this is not a machine for a casual relationship. I'm small-batch roasting the beans and using a bottomless portafilter with various tampers. I'm still working on latte art and the "God Shot". I believe La Pavoni, or maybe another quality lever machine, offers the perfect path to coffee perfection.
(Posted on 2/8/13)