The Major Electronic Low RPM Commercial Burr Grinder from Mazzer is the epitome of what a commercial grinder should be. It handles a huge amount of coffee with a four-pound bean hopper and industrial-grade 83mm burr grinder plates. But it's not all power and muscle, the Major also has a tasteful and attractive steel housing, a well-designed exterior that is meant to take center stage in your coffee shop or kitchen. We think it's safe to say that there's nothing minor about this Major, especially when it comes to the exceedingly fine control and quality the Major allows.
Features & Functionality of the Mazzer Major Electronic Commercial Burr Grinder
- Large Capacity: The sturdy clear plastic bean hopper with finger guard holds holds a whopping 4 pounds of beans.
- Consistent Grind: The 83mm stable stainless steel burr grinders are flat and remove for easy cleaning. Designed to operate at a super low RPM (rotations per minute) so that minimal heat builds up and is transferred to your beans.
- Stepless Adjustment: Features a stepless micro-metrical grind adjustment for total control over the precise grind of your beans.
- Cooling System: The internal fan prevents the motor from overheating and guarantees consistent and uniform coffee grinds.
- Dosing Control: Programmable to grind by time at the push of a button for fresh espresso directly into your portafilter.
|RPM of Burrs||No|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||64 oz|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
I've only just started using the grinder, but it appears that all of the grind falls out of the chamber. If you lift the cover with the digital readout off, you see all the way through to the portafilter. There may be some grind left in the machine itself but my guess is that if there is it is nominal. Hope this helps May 3, 2014
Nothing, it is pretty much pass through as you grind.
The settings control the grind time.
We just got it - I haven't checked for residue but
since it is very consistent I suspect it is close to nothing. Apr 22, 2014
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Mazzer Major Electronic Commercial Burr Grinder
|What it Covers:||
Mazzer commercial grinders, parts only
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
Caring for the Mazzer Major Electronic Commercial Burr Grinder
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand was bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.