The Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder looks like an art deco cross between a gum ball dispenser and a Peugeot. You were thinking it too, right?! A wonderfully goofy mix of industrial chic and utilitarian goodness together in one bean grinding package. It has a stepless grind adjustment and while it doesn't have a traditional dosing hopper, it still has programmable dosing so filling your portafilter using the Mazzer Mini has never been easier.
Features & Functionality of the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder
- Large Capacity: The sturdy clear plastic bean hopper with finger guard holds holds a whopping 1.3 pounds of beans and features an integrated trap door that allows for easy changing of beans without emptying.
- Consistent Grind: The stable stainless steel 64mm burr grinders are flat (rather than conical) and remove for easy cleaning. Designed to operate at a low RPM (rotations per minute) so that minimal heat builds up and is transfered to your beans.
- Doserless: While it doesn't have a traditional dosing hopper, it still has programmable dosing. You control between 4 and 16 grams per measure.
|How Does it Compare?||
The Mazzer Minis come in three configurations: a 58mm Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Espresso Grinder with a physical doser on the front, a 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type A Espresso Grinder with programmable dosing functionality atop a funnel, and the 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B Espresso Grinder with a funnel and dosing begins when you tap the portafilter up against it. Also throw into the mix the branded Rocket Mazzer Minis which are essentially similar in a matching casing style for Rocket espresso machines.
|Tips and Tricks||
Do not remove the wire grid from the funnel exit chute. This is an anti-static feature.
|Suitable Applications||Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|RPM of Burrs||No|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||1.3 lbs|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||Both Timer & On/Off Switch|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
The Mazzer grinders are not good grinders for press and espresso, as they are stepless and therefore do not have specific steps/markings for the various grind settings. For this reason, once the grinder is dialed in to espresso, you will have a very difficult time dialing it back to the setting you found best for espresso. The other downside is that this grinder is calibrated to espresso and will not get as coarse as is necessary for applications such as French Press. It would be better to choose a stepped grinder, like those from Baratza or the Rancilio Rocky if you want to use one grinder for both applications, or to choose a lower priced grinder for your coarser press style grinding. Hope this helps! Aug 27, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
- Clean burrs on a weekly to biweekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.
User Manuals for your Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
Videos Featuring the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
It's got it all!Review by carlhpretired
Quality Price Value
Fit & finish, performance, reliability, consistency
(Posted on 2/21/13)