While the first edition of MyPressi's Portable Espresso Maker was sturdy, the company has raised the bar a bit higher with its updated MyPressi TWIST Portable Espresso Maker 2.0. How? With this iteration, MyPressi has done everything from tightening the fit between the lower bowl and frame to increasing the trigger strength, thus giving us more confidence in this travel-ready machine's durability. Still containing the flexibility found in the 1.0 version, the MyPressi TWIST 2.0 continues to impress with many of the features we found useful in the original model, including the ability to use the regular basket for espresso fine-grind and the pressurized basket for course-grind or to produce ideal shots on the go or at home using the ESE pod baskets. With this portable machine, the key to the best shot is to make sure all of its components are warmed properly, which enables you to pull a shot rivaling that of a home espresso machine.
How the MyPressi TWIST Portable Espresso Maker Works
Utilizing a compressed gas cartridge (nitrous oxide), the TWIST 2.0 extracts using either regular espresso grind, pods or a coarse/variable grind with a pressurized basket.
- Insert one N2O cartridge into the handle and seal shut
- Pre-heat all the components -- soak your chosen basket, fill the water reservoir and your glass(es) with boiling water
- Dry the basket and put in the coffee of your choice -- tamp if necessary
- If necessary, bring water to a hard boil again
- Empty all pre-heated components and twist reservoir into place
- Fill reservoir with hot water and seal lid
- Pull trigger in handle and watch your extraction begin!
Features & Functionality of the MyPressi TWIST Portable Espresso Maker
The TWIST 2.0 comes with an excellent selection of accessories, including:
- Pressurized Double Shot Basket: Pressurized basket can hold 14 - 21 grams and is for use with either coarser coffee or coffee that has a variable grind (inconsistent particle size).
- Standard Double Shot Basket: Regular double shot holds 14 - 21 grams of coffee and is for use with a more traditional, finer and even espresso-style ground coffee.
- ESE Pod/Single Basket: This basket holds either a standard ESE pod or 7 grams of traditional, finer and more even espresso-style ground coffee.
- 53mm Tamper: You'll need to tamp your coffee when using both the non-pressurized and pressurized baskets for ideal results.
- N2O Pressure Cartridges: Includes a starter set of (4) 8g nitrous oxide cartridges.
- Travel Pouch: Keep all your gear in an easy-to-transport, branded bag.
- Rubber Coaster: Protect your counter top during tamping or catch drips with this little rubber disk.
- Gasket Kit: All the required O-rings you'll need for future replacements.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||The TWIST 2.0 is more versatile than the Handpresso, but also much heavier.|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Material||Metal and Plastic|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the MyPressi TWIST Portable Espresso Maker
|What it Covers:||
MyPressi portable espresso maker
|Who Supports the Warranty:||MyPressi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||408-770-8508 or email at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Requires original proof of purchase for verification.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
Caring for the MyPressi TWIST Portable Espresso Maker
Clean the TWIST 2.0 thoroughly after each use and make sure all the components are completely dry before putting them back together.
AwesomeReview by Aya
Price Value Quality
This is a great product. Especially for someone with a low budget, this is perfect for the home barista and personal use. Creates great shots, amazing crema and exceptionally simple to use. I'm VERY happy!
(Posted on 1/7/13)