The Nespresso Citiz may have look and feel of a retro appliance, but this machine is the epitome of pure modern functionality. With its clean and simple design, the Citiz is simple to operate and has a heavy-duty boiler and pump system for a perfect capsule extraction every time.
How the Nespresso Citiz Works
- Rinse and fill the water reservoir and put in place at the back of the machine
- Plug in the machineand turn on the power switch located in the lower right hand side of the machine
- Prime the machine (only need to do this the first time): Lift the lever at the top of the machine and press the coffee button until water flows from the spout in the front
- Brewing: Insert a capsule into the capsule slot and push the lever all the way down
- Push one of the programmable brew buttons to extract and espresso or lungo
- For complete instructions on using your machine, please refer to the manufacturer's guide.
Features & Functionality of the Nespresso Citiz Capsule Machine
- High Pressure Pump: 19 bars of pressure result in an increased initial pressure and an overall better shot.
- Patented Single-Serve Coffee Capsules: Nespresso's speciality coffee capsule system is designed to balance the ideal flow of water through the coffee grounds -- no-miss, simple, delicious coffee every time. Used capsules automatically eject.
- Thermoblock Boiler: Heats water quickly to the perfect temperature for the perfectly extracted coffee or espresso shot.
- Two Automatic Programmable Brew Buttons: One for espresso and one for coffee with back lighting.
- Removable 34 oz Water Tank: For easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Nespresso Welcome Capsule Set: A Nespresso Club membership is included with purchase. This allows for easy re-ordering of capsules from Nespresso, 'time to order again' and descale reminders as well as Nespresso's excellent Club service plan that provides machine pick-up and a loaner machine in the event of a machine malfunction during the warranty period (please visit the Nespresso website for all details for the Nespresso Club program).
- User Manual
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||34 oz.|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||25 Seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Capsules can be ordered directly from Nespresso via phone (800) 562-1465 or online www.nespresso.com
Warranty Information for the Nespresso Citiz
|What it Covers:||
Nespresso espresso machines and milk frothers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Nespresso|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-562-1465|
|Notes:||Nespresso's excellent service includes a loaner machine of the same type sent to you with the return label for broken equipment. Once your machine is repaired, it is returned and includes a label to return the loaner.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Care and Maintenance for the Nespresso Citiz
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Soap out drip tray and capsule box every few days
Best gift I ever give.Review by Bean
Quality Value Price
After having my own Citiz for some time now, decided to give this one to my family. It is not going to be a appliance used ones and shelved forever, this one in use daily by everyone in the family. This is the easiest way to get a cup of excellent coffee, in one minute of time. Period.
Great Taste, Easy To Use, Commercial Grade, Quick Brewing, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 1/5/12)
Brainless, but greatReview by White toothed despite the coffee
Quality Value Price
I bought this because of the video review on Seattle Coffee Gear. The reviewer was sort of pooh-poohing it BECAUSE it was so simple. That, and the capsules at the time, were not recyclable. But I read between the lines and clearly heard the reviewer and cameraperson be amazed at the look and taste of the coffee. That did it for me! Plus, in my neck of the woods, we have single-stream recycling, so the capsule "problem" is not an issue. And if recycling is an issue, Nespresso has developed a system to help.When you buy a Nespresso machine, you are automatically enrolled into the Nespresso Club. It's very fancy and high quality and you feel honored to spend your money with them. At least that's what I suspect they want you to feel. Yes, you can only buy the capsules via mail order or unless you live near one of the boutique shops (NY, LA, and other places). [...].The capsules are mostly $.55 each with some special blends running $.65 each. It does add up, but still, it's way cheaper than your local Starbucks plus you don't have to worry about anyone packing heat while you sip your latte.Would I do it again? Yes. Though I also bought a Bialetti expresso maker for coffee blends that Nespresso doesn't offer and use the Nespresso for that extra shot of espresso to what I concoct.
Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing, Easy To Use
(Posted on 3/20/10)