The Nespresso Citiz in '60s-era white may have look and feel of a retro appliance but this machine is the epitome of pure modern functionality. With it's clean simple design the Citiz is simple to operate and has a heavy-duty boiler and pump system for a perfect capsule extraction every time.
How the Nespresso Citiz Works
- Rinse and fill the water reservoir and put in place at the back of the machine
- Plug in the machineand turn on the power switch located in the lower right hand side of the machine
- Prime the machine (only need to do this the first time): Lift the lever at the top of the machine and press the coffee button until water flows from the spout in the front
- Brewing: Insert a capsule into the capsule slot and push the lever all the way down
- Push one of the programmable brew buttons to extract and espresso or lungo
- For complete instructions on using your machine, please refer to the manufacturer's guide.
Features and Functionality of the Nespresso Citiz Capsule Machine
- High Pressure Pump: 19 bars of pressure result in an increased initial pressure and an overall better shot.
- Patented Single-Serve Coffee Capsules: Nespresso's speciality coffee capsule system is designed to balance the ideal flow of water through the coffee grounds -- no-miss, simple, delicious coffee every time. Used capsules automatically eject.
- Thermoblock Boiler: Heats water quickly to the perfect temperature for the perfectly extracted coffee or espresso shot.
- Two Automatic Programmable Brew Buttons: One for espresso and one for coffee with back lighting.
- Removable 34 oz Water Tank: For easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Nespresso Welcome Capsule Set: A Nespresso Club membership is included with purchase. This allows for easy re-ordering of capsules from Nespresso, 'time to order again' and descale reminders as well as Nespresso's excellent Club service plan that provides machine pick-up and a loaner machine in the event of a machine malfunction during the warranty period (please visit the Nespresso website for all details for the Nespresso Club program).
- User Manual
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||34 oz.|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||25 Seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Thanks for writing in! No, the attachment you see on the back of this machine is the water tank, not a frother. If you're looking for a frother, check out the Aeroccino or the Aero 3, or the Citiz C120 with the frother on the base beside the espresso machine.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Teri Apr 6, 2012
There is NO frother included with this model unit. What you may be seeing is the water container in the back.
Nespresso does make units with the frother attached, or I prefer, the seperate
frother that Nespresso makes and sells for about $89.00.
I hope this was helpful.
Vince Apr 7, 2012
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Capsules can be ordered directly from Nespresso via phone (800) 562-1465 or online www.nespresso.com
Warranty Information for the Nespresso Citiz
|What it Covers:||
Nespresso espresso machines and milk frothers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Nespresso|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-562-1465|
|Notes:||Nespresso's excellent service includes a loaner machine of the same type sent to you with the return label for broken equipment. Once your machine is repaired, it is returned and includes a label to return the loaner.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Care and Maintenance for the Nespresso Citiz
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Soap out drip tray and capsule box every few days
Absolutely FabulousReview by Goldie
Price Value Quality
I'd been wanting this espresso maker for awhile in the 60's white and could only find it at SCG. I couldn't be more pleased. It looks great and makes a great espresso. SCG service was great. The package arrived promptly and undamaged. An all around great purchase. Highly recommended!
(Posted on 10/9/12)
The best buy!!Review by Alla S
Quality Value Price
After doing research and reading reviews of a different expresso machines i decided to buy a Nespresso C100 expresso machine from Seattle Coffee Gear. They were very informative, knowledgable and have had the greatest presentation about different espresso machines. Very pleasant, friendly and professional personnel. Best price, no tax (NY) and free shipping. I'm very happy with the purchase. Thank you.
Quick Brewing, The best expressocappuci, Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Easy To Use
Makes some noise
(Posted on 5/7/12)
LOVE IT!Review by Queenie
Quality Value Price
We use it to add to our morning coffee.
It is easy and quick to use
Easy To Use, Quick Brewing, Large Water Container, Great Taste, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 2/16/12)
I would buy this product again.Review by Loli
Quality Value Price
I use the Nespresso every morning to make my capuccino. It is quick and the Aeroccino is aslo great.
Easy To Use, Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing
(Posted on 10/31/10)
Great so far....Review by badcyclist
Quality Value Price
Functional, quick, easy, and stylish. Makes a great cafe au lait/cappuccino in combination with the aeroccino milk frother (which I highly recommend, whether you have a nespresso or not).
The ristretto and arpeggio are excellent choices for capsules-- they taste great with hot milk.
My only complaint is that I wish the Citiz had variable temperature control. If the espresso were hotter, I would be happier. We pre-heat the machine and pre-heat the cups, but even then the coffee is, at best, hottish. Likewise, the aeroccino doesn't heat the milk to anywhere near simmering... it could really use a variable temp control, too.
Good taste, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean, Good looking, Quick Brewing, Stylish, Doesn't take much space
Espresso is not very hot
(Posted on 4/4/10)