Nespresso has taken the idea that smaller is always better. What Nespresso is calling a miniature version from its first round of popular Nespressos, the Pixie sits nine inches tall and allows you to fit cups for your favorite type of caffeinated drinks — espresso, lungo, lattes, macchiatos — to fit underneath its spout. Not only small but energy saving too, this machine will switch off after nine minutes, has a 40 percent lower power consumption than other machines and its heating time has been reduced to 25 seconds.
Features and Functionality of the Nespresso Pixie
- Smart Water Sensor - Wondering if you'll have enough water in your machine to make that cup o' joe in the morning won't be a hassle anymore with the Pixie's infrared warning light.
- Sturdy Design - Steel handle and aluminum side panels
- Speedy - Faster than it's predecessors, the Pixie is able to reach brewing temperature in 25 seconds flat, with a faster thermoblock and optimised water circuit.
- Patented Single-Serve Coffee Capsules - Nespresso's speciality coffee capsule system is designed to balance the ideal flow of water through the coffee grounds -- no-mess, simple, delicious coffee every time. Used capsules automatically eject.
- Smart Alert System - The infrared warning light and fibre optics check keeps an eye on your water level, notifying you of when it's time to fill up.
- Compact - Smaller than any other Nespresso out there, the Pixie comes in fun shapes, electric colors and sleek finishes to match your personality.
- Removable 0.7 Litre Water Tank - For easy cleaning and maintenance.
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||24 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||25 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Capsules can be ordered directly from Nespresso via phone (800) 562-1465 or online www.nespresso.com
Warranty Information for the Nespresso Pixie
|What it Covers:||
Nespresso espresso machines and milk frothers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Nespresso|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-562-1465|
|Notes:||Nespresso's excellent service includes a loaner machine of the same type sent to you with the return label for broken equipment. Once your machine is repaired, it is returned and includes a label to return the loaner.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Nespresso Pixie
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Soap out drip tray and capsule box every few days
Videos Featuring the Nespresso Pixie
Pixie nespressoReview by Happy
Quality Value Price
Love, Love my nespresso Pixie and my Nespresso frother....
Great Taste, Quiet, Large Water Container, Quick Brewing, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 3/7/12)
Favorite Kitchen ApplianceReview by Salmonhead
Quality Value Price
I have never had a kitchen appliance that made me so happy. There is no learning curve to this machine. It's fully automatic, meaning you make great espresso from the start. Pair it with the milk frother and you need no more tools. I pondered this purchase for a few years and wish I had made it sooner. Purchasing the capsules was my point of hesitation. However, the variety and flavor of Nespresso coffee is outstanding, and I have long been a whole-bean coffee geek. The Pixie is super fast; it takes only seconds to warm up, and it's putting out coffee at the press of a button. I have never experienced faster, more effortless coffee making with such outstanding results. It's brilliant.
Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing, Easy To Use
(Posted on 11/29/11)