Why only offer luxuriously convenient espresso when we can offer luxuriously convenient espresso and coffee? We're pretty sure that's what Nespresso was thinking when they created their newest machine - VertuoLine. Nespresso's latest creation utilizes separate (and updated) espresso and coffee capsules with a unique integrated bar code per blend.
Besides the color and size, all VertoLine capsules generally look the same. So you may wonder, how does the VertuoLine know when to brew coffee versus when to brew espresso? I'm glad you asked! You see, the VertoLine reads pressure, water volume, temperature and rotational speed from each unique bar code and applies accordingly. Fancy, right? Nespresso didn't stop there, but also created a new way of brewing capsules called Centrifusion, which combines centrifugal and infusion; meaning the capsule spins and water is injected into the capsule and infuses the grounds.
Features & Functionality of the Nespresso VertuoLine Coffee and Espresso Capsule Machine
- 5 Phase System: This handy machine goes through a 5 step process (heating, code reading, pre-infusion, brewing and drying) to precisely brew each cup of coffee or espresso.
- Locking Lever: Located at the top of the machine, this lever locks the capsule in place and pierces it in preparation of brewing. You may notice a fun "pop" as it locks into place.
- Water Tank: The VertuoLine features a 40 ounce water tank located on the left side (when facing the machine) and aesthetically matches the capsule container on the opposite side.
- Capsule Container: Located opposite of the water tank, the capsule container holds between 13 - 20 used capsules.
- One-Touch Button: The VertuoLine features an easy one-touch on/off button that gradually illuminates as the machine heats up.
- Adjustable Cup Support: Remove the adjustable cup support and drip tray completely for larger cups, or lock the cup support in one of the two higher positions.
- Stand Alone or Bundle: Purchase just the VertuoLine machine, or upgrade to the bundle! The bundle package includes the VertuoLine machine and an Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother for those latte or cappuccino kind of days.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
You are unable to use the previous Nespresso capsules with this machine and must purchase the new VertuoLine capsules. Luckily, a welcome pack is included with each new machine so you can taste a variety of flavors before your first capsule purchase.
|Tips and Tricks||
Right after you brew a coffee capsule, fold the rich coffee crema into the coffee to release aroma and combine flavor notes.
|Model Number||Chrome: GCA1-US-CH-NE | Black: GCA1-US-BK-NE | Chrome Bundle: A+GCA1-US-CH-NE | Black Bundle: A+GCA1-US-BK-NE|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||40 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||None|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||15 - 20 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Capsules can be ordered directly from Nespresso via phone (800) 562-1465 or online www.nespresso.com
Warranty Information for the Nespresso VertuoLine
|What it Covers:||
Nespresso espresso machines and milk frothers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Nespresso|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-562-1465|
|Notes:||Nespresso's excellent service includes a loaner machine of the same type sent to you with the return label for broken equipment. Once your machine is repaired, it is returned and includes a label to return the loaner.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Nespresso VertuoLine
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Soap out drip tray and capsule box every few days
A WInnerReview by BJR
Quality Price Value
After years of using an expensive Super Automatic ( not one from SCG!) I longed for two things: less mess and different flavors. I may the only person who bought a Superautomatic to make coffee- but I did not realize that I would be relegated to only espresso beans if i didn't want to ruin my machine's grinder. Oily beans will clog up the works and invoke mayhem on these expensive machines.
While I realize that the selection of flavors is not as large as the previous Nespresso machines, the available ones are very good. The coffee is hot and you have NEVER seen crema ( foam? ) like this! I am very happy with my choice and believe me, I bugged SCG before making my purchase. No more mess, no grinds down the sink drain and a well built machine that delivers rich satisfying coffee and espresso in a hurry. This is not for someone looking to save money on the cost per cup. It costs more for the newly designed pods, but in my case, the trade off was worth it.
(Posted on 8/19/14)