Simple to use, easy to adjust and consistent enough for espresso: The Nuova Simonelli Grinta hits on all three of these key aspects when it comes to grinding coffee beans. The Grinta is built to last with its extremely durable construction and can easily grind more than 10 pounds of coffee an hour. Prefer drip coffee instead of espresso? Unlock the setting wheel and rotate it to adjust between espresso and drip. Push your portafilter into the lever behind the grind chute, and watch as it fills. What's more, the Grinta comes in a spectrum of colors (red, black, chrome and silver) so you can pick the perfect shade to suit your kitchen or cafe decor.
How the Nuova Simonelli Grinta Works
- The Nuova Simonelli Grinta is very intuitive and easy to use, as all you need to do to get espresso quality grinds is select a grind setting and push your portafilter below the chute.
- The switch below the chute will activate the grinder, and before you can bat an eyelash, your portafilter will be filling up with a wonderfully consistent grind.
Features & Functionality of the Nuova Simonelli Grinta
- High Capacity: The Grinta can handle over 10 pounds of coffee an hour, which is more than sufficient for home use. At least we hope...
- Easy To Use: Select a grind setting and push your portafilter into the power switch to get your grinds. No complicated buttons, no menus, no random options, just ground coffee.
- Precision, Precision, Precision: Don't sit there and worry about how consistent the grinds will be that come out of this machine, it can handle most settings with ease, which won't leave you guessing if your grind consistency is an issue.
- Reliable: With the capability of grinding such high quantities of coffee, it's no question that the Grinta is built to last a decent amount of time.
- Large Hopper: Definitely big enough that you won't need to be filling beans every day. However we do recommend keeping your whole beans stored air tight, or as close to air tight as possible, to ensure maximum freshness.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||The Grinta features commercial-style components at a home-kitchen size.|
|Tips and Tricks||The coffee grounds can get a bit clumpy, so we suggest redistributing them to decrease channeling.|
|Suitable Applications||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|RPM of Burrs||No|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||.5 kg|
|Dosing Options||No Progamming - All Manual|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Indeed, if you only put a single dose of beans, some of them will get stuck. And some of the ground coffee will be left in the mechanism, or in the spout, making it hard to get 16g of ground coffee out.
Have you tried weighing the ground coffee, instead of the beans? this is what I'll probably end up doing, when I get better at making espresso.
Hope this helps. Mar 26, 2013
thanks :] May 21, 2012
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Nuova Simonelli Grinta
|What it Covers:||
Nuova Simonelli espresso machines and grinders
- 1 Year (Grinders)
- 2 Years (Oscar and Musica - all models)
- Variable (See below)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
The Oscar, Musica and all grinders are eligible for SCG's standard warranty service and support. Learn more about what's covered.
Commercial class espresso machines have several different service plans available from which you may select during order placement. Please speak with your commercial sales rep for details on coverage duration, service level and individual policies.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Oscar and Musica models only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Nuova Simonelli Grinta
- Clean out the bean hopper every week or so to remove any potential oils that may have built up over time.
- We recommend using Grindz every few weeks, depending on the frequency of use.
Good grinder, not for everyone without modsReview by Jorge
Quality Price Value
I started with an Encore for over a year for my pour over, french, and aeropress--and love it! Then bought a Via Venezia espresso machine a few months ago and a naked portafilter. The Encore was serviceable, but I quickly grew out of it since I could only use 1 or 2 settings for espresso. So I bought a used Grinta thinking this would be a huge step up. Well, it is nice, but I found that it was not worth the price upgrade in it's stock form. Well, the grounds are nicer, fluffier, and consistent. So, if you can deal with about 1-3 grams stuck in the chute and will keep lots of beans in hopper, then this is a good grinder. However, it is a nightmare for single dosing. It is easy to mod it and make it infinite. You can look up how on my HB post.
(Posted on 3/27/13)
Very good coffee grinder for home or small business!Review by big ajax
Quality Price Value
Recently I bought the simonelli Musica & the Grinta and I thank myself for such a good choice.
Thanks Gail for you video demonstration, you're good to help people like me to choose the right stuff.
I'm set for a while though.
(Posted on 2/17/13)
Great machine for home useReview by Owlie
Quality Price Value
Produces an excellent consistent grind.
I love the minimalist design and the plastic, which looks so much better than the ugly alternatives. Mine is black which looks great.
Now I am saving for the matching Oscar Espresso Machine!
(Posted on 2/13/13)
One of the best grinder.Review by Eddie
Price Value Quality
This is an amazing machine.
(Posted on 7/24/12)
Simple and greatReview by John O
Quality Value Price
No nonsense, very simple to use. It's like Apple made it. I don't find the base wobbly at all. Just like the SCG video says, the ground espresso can get clumpy but who cares: great grinds every time!
Great Taste, Easy To Use
(Posted on 5/7/12)
Good coffee grinder for home useReview by Liren
Quality Value Price
It is a good model for home use. The coffee powder is consistant and fine enough for espresso. You can easliy reajust finess to make your espresso better.
However it is not a good idea to always change the finess from espresso grade to french press grade, because it will take you half day to find ur prefered setting back.
Easy To Clean, Easy To Use, Commercial Grade
The plasic body
(Posted on 12/2/11)