What is a Refurbished Machine?
- Generally, it's equipment that was used as a demo model in our retail store or was returned to us or the manufacturer. These machines could have had a fair amount of use.
- Our in-house refurbishing team takes the machines apart, rebuilds and replaces parts as needed, repairs, tests and then thoroughly cleanses the equipment.
- Refurbished gear will most likely not include the original manufacturer packaging and may not include any non-essential manufacturer-provided accessories. Consumable items included with new equipment (such as water filters or hardness testing strips) will not be included.
- Because this equipment is used, there may be aesthetic or cosmetic blemishes that cannot be repaired during refurbishment.
- Breville: This equipment is refurbished at Breville's factory and supported by a 6 month warranty directly through them.
- Jura Capresso: These machines are factory refurbished by Jura and are covered by a 1 year warranty directly through them.
- Seattle Coffee Gear: We refurbish an array of machines at our refurbishing center and offer a 6 month warranty on them directly through us.
What is an Open Box Machine?
- Most often, the equipment was out at a customer's house, used lightly and returned within the 30-day return period that applies to new equipment.
- The return may have been driven by 'buyer's remorse' and not necessarily because the machine was defective; all Open Box gear is in perfect working order.
- Machines will be packaged in the original box and include the appropriate accessories.
- We thoroughly inspect, test and clean the equipment before re-packaging for resale. However, open box items may contain slight scratches and imperfections due to shipping and minor use.
- The original manufacturer's warranty still applies.
- Unless noted elsewhere, Open Box merchandise is limited to a 30-day return period.
SCG Refurbished Machine Warranty Information
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
SCG Return Policy
We are committed to providing you excellent service and helping you find the machine that best suits your needs. Included below are our policies which govern shipping damage, exchanges & returns and warranties. If you have any questions on these policies, please don't hesitate to call us toll free at 866-372-4734.
- Delivery Policy (Within 5 Days of Delivery)
- Exchange and Return Policies
- What is 'Like New' Condition?
Delivery Policy (Within 5 Days of Delivery)
Please report damaged, missing, defective or malfunctioning merchandise immediately and no later than 5 business days of delivery.
Items are carefully packaged to protect against damage during shipping. Please thoroughly inspect your package when it arrives for any shipping damage. If an item appears to be damaged, do not attempt to use it and notify us immediately so that we can begin the claims process with the shipping vendor.
Please note that we often ship orders in multiple packages. However, if items are apparently missing from your order, please report it to us immediately so we can track packages and replace the shipment if necessary.
Defective or Malfunctioning New Merchandise
If any item is not working properly or if a consumable item was received expired, please contact us immediately so that we can send a replacement. All replaced items will have a new 5 day return window extended to it, or the remainder of the return window from the original purchase, whichever is longer.
Exchange and Return Policy: Purchases from a Retail Location
Items purchased at any Seattle Coffee Gear retail location must be returned or exchanged at that specific location only within 30 days of purchase. All machines and related equipment (including, but not limited to, espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders) must be returned in 'Like New' condition with all original packaging, manufacturer-provided accessories and components intact. Non-consumable accessory items must be new and unopened. Consumable items and parts are not eligible for return or exchange.
The staff at the retail location will make their best effort to properly assess and refund you for your returned item while you are in the store. However, in the event that they are unable to thoroughly assess your returned merchandise for credit at that time, they will check in your returned items and provide you with information on when to expect follow-up from Seattle Coffee Gear's returns manager.
Exchange and Return Policy: Purchases via the Phone or Website
Phone or website purchases are eligible for return within 30 days of the ship date. Shipping and handling fees will not be reimbursed; if you selected Free Shipping during checkout, we will deduct our original shipping and handling fees from your overall refund.
How to Request an Exchange or Return
You must first obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from us for your exchange or return to be accepted.
- Contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Let us know why you'd like to return the machine -- we'll help you determine if there is an exchange that will better suit your needs
- We will send an RMA email to you with detailed instructions on exchanging or returning your merchandise
Please review the merchandise-specific policies below to learn about what we can and cannot take back.
Espresso Machine, Coffee Maker, Grinder, Roaster or Blender (all electric appliances)
Machines must be received in 'Like New' condition. If your equipment arrives in this condition, we will refund your original payment method the full purchase amount less our original shipping & handling costs. Equipment that is not received in this condition will be assessed for damage and may be subject to refurbishment fees.
Note: Espresso machines that have been modified or customized (such as a self-installed PID or plumbing adaptation) are not eligible for return. However, PIDs installed at the time of purchase by SCG, or those that have been factory installed by the manufacturer, are still eligible for return.
Free or Included Items
We'll apply a full credit back on all unopened, unused free non-consumable accessories that are returned with the original machine. If you plan on exchanging the machine, feel free to hang onto these items instead of receiving new free accessories on your replacement machine. Unfortunately, due to quality control issues, we cannot accept any returns of consumable goods such as coffee, syrups or sauces. The cost of these will be automatically deducted on all returns.
Non-Consumable, Accessory Items (non-electric) and Parts
We will take back any unopened, unused non-consumable items, accessories or parts. We will apply a credit to your original payment method in the amount of the price paid minus any shipping & handling costs, if applicable.
Due to quality control and food safety issues, we are unable to accept returns on any consumable items such as coffee, syrups and/or sauces. Even if these items are still sealed, we cannot assume they are tamper-free once they are out of our hands.
International Return Policy
International returns are handled by our international shipping partner, Bongo International. You can contact them directly to initiate a return by phone: (+1) 203-683-4894, or by email: Support@BongoUS.com. You will be responsible for all shipping charges related to your return.
What is 'Like New' Condition?
We're reasonable and understand that a machine used a few times isn't going to be absolutely perfect; however, it does need to be pretty close for us to sell it as a certified used machine to another customer. When returning a machine to us, please make sure that it will arrive to us in 'Like New' condition, which we define as the following:
- All Original Components Intact: You must return every original component of the machine, such as the original packaging, drip tray, portafilter, brew head (if removable), filter screens, filter baskets, user manuals, tampers, CDs, scoops, etc. Basically, if it came in the box, send it back.
- No Scratches, Dents or Stains: The machine and all components must be free of any surface marring.
- Thoroughly Cleaned: The machine, all parts and components must be absolutely clean and free of any coffee grounds, water and/or milk residues.
If you have any questions regarding how our returns work, please do not hesitate to contact us -- we are always happy to discuss this with you!