Bridging the gap between your kitchen and the corner coffee house is Quick Mill's Andreja Premium Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine. It features a high quality commercial-grade design, the ability to be plumbed in, an E-61 brew head and separate nozzles for steaming and hot water. The Andreja could be the answer to your home espresso dreams.
Features & Functionality of the Quick Mill Andreja Premium
- Heavy-Duty Housing: Polished stainless steel body features a removable cup warmer, 46 oz. pull-out drip tray and grate.
- Commercial-Grade Heat Exchange Boiler System: Brew and steam simultaneously with the 1.6 liter insulated copper heat exchange boiler that includes a resettable high-limit breaker. The high-quality vacuum breaker can be put on a timer with no vapor lock, so once this espresso machine is up to temperature, it can brew all day.
- Two Portafilters: The Andreja Premium includes two complete 58mm Chrome-plated brass portafilters, one single and one double.
- Easy On, Easy Off: The Andreja Premium has a three option power switch, an on option, an off option, and a fill option, making it easier to monitor water intake from the tank.
- Upgraded Knobs: One of the biggest complaints about earlier editions of the Andreja Premium was clunky knob functionality. This has been upgraded to a much more ergo dynamic design for easier steam and water use.
- E-61 Brew Group: Commercially-designed for excellent espresso, the E-61 brew group is a master of temperature regulation and also features a thermal siphon design that stabilizes the group's temperature while inactive.
- Easy Access Expansion Valve: This valve has been moved to a much more accessible area, so there is no need to remove the outer shell to adjust this setting.
- Low Water Cut Off: Save your boiler, keep your shot! If your Andreja Premium is low on water, precise magnetic sensors will signal a shut down on boiler power, so it won't burn out. If you're in the middle of a shot, however, don't worry: Power will continue to remain on for the pump, so you can finish pulling that shot.
- Three-Way Bi-pass Valve & Lever Control: Your Andreja Premium incorporates a simple lever design for shot initiation and, once you end the shot, pressure will be released via the three-way valve, leaving you with a dry puck for easy disposal.
- Dual Pressure Gauges: Easily monitor your espresso machine's performance with the pump and boiler pressure gauges.
- Ulka 52-Watt Pump: Thermal overload protection keeps this vibratory pump from burning out.
- High Capacity Water Reservoir: Large reservoir holds up to three liters of water.
- Steam and Hot Water Nozzles: Both the steam wand and the hot water dispenser are insulated so you won't get burned after use. Steam wand comes stock with a 4 hole .9mm steam tip.
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||1.6 liter|
|Reservoir Size||3 liter|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Quick Mill Andreja Premium
|What it Covers:||
Quick Mill espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Quick Mill Andreja Premium
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
Rock Solid Prosumer MachineReview by Beanfever
Price Value Quality
I've owned my Andrea for approximatley 6 years. During that time I've had no troubles with only minor user adjustments due to altitude changes. (Sea level to 5K ft.then to 7K ft). It's heavy duty stainless construction and E 61 group make this an impressive machine.
Coming to it as a complete novice, I found it very easy to become good enough to beat my local espresso shops in making espresso and steaming milk. There is a learning curve, but there are a lot of resources with great tips. Within a week I could make very nice espresso. It took me about a month to really get the hang of properly steaming milk.
Last year I changed out the stock valves with the new joystick valves and have a slight preference for the joy sticks. I like going from full off to full on these valves provide and I adjust milk texture with depth and angle of the steam tip. Very nice!
This machine has been very stable with no problems to date. I attribute much of that to using proper water. I've had no scaling problems or the attendant problems associated with hard water use. This machine was built to last and with a little care, it should give you many years of service.
E 61 head group, endless steam, quality contruction and components make this a good looking and hard working machine!
(Posted on 10/2/12)
Fantastic MachineReview by otto
Quality Value Price
This is a great machine.
I have had mine for over two years and it has served me well.
It produces authentic espresso and never runs out of steam.
It's also a piece of art for my kitchen.
I love the looks of the machine, the orange and green lights, the two gauges. It's a lot of fun and adds character to my kitchen.
Some may say it is expensive, but it's a real commercial grade espresso machine; made in Italy by Quick Mill, a company that has been making espresso machines for generations.
Please do not fool your self into thinking because it is expensive that it should be invincible.
It is a precision piece of equipment that was designed to be easily serviced with common industrial components.
Yes, I too had to have service with my boiler. I was bummed at first, but when I got it back it was as good as new.
The build quality for this machine is not a problem at all.
The espresso it produces is superior to anything I could buy at a coffee shop.
At no point have I had buyer's remorse with the Andreja.
For the record, I do wish it had a more impressive name plate on the front, oh well.... :)
Great Taste, Commercial Grade
(Posted on 9/18/11)
broken valvesReview by capulover
Quality Value Price
I bought mine 4 years ago and love my (near) daily cup of cappuccino. It does not get heavy use (less than 1 cup a day). Today, my steam valve and water valve stopped working (so no foam with the cappuccino) - it worked fine yesterday. This seems to me a very short life span for a very expensive espresso machine. I don't live anywhere near someone who can repair this clunker and can't lift it to box it and ship it 1000 km. to the retailer.
Most frustrating and not at all sure I would invest in a second one given the short life span.
(Posted on 8/8/11)
Big Smooth Running Prosumer MachineReview by E61
Quality Value Price
A near commercial grade HX espresso machine, key features over most HX machines in its class are the oh-so-smooth rotary pump, 1400 watt heating element, 2 liter boiler, and heavy duty all stainless steel frame construction. What these features mean is you can crank out espresso and steam milk faster than most single head HX models.
We took this machine up to a mountain retreat with 12 people for a week. Making 10-15 double latt
(Posted on 3/30/10)
Andreja is the bestReview by Turtlesoup
Quality Value Price
We have had our Andreja for about 5 months and wondered how we lived without it. It doesn't take long to make a perfect latte. In fact this has ruined us from going to the local coffee shop where the barista doesn't make it as good as we do at home. It took about a week to get the micro foam espresso grind just right and after that it was smooth sailing. The only thing negative is that we go through the container of water to quick and have to keep filling. Our next purchase is to get the pumb kit that goes with Andreja, which is one of the reasons we bought this unit. This is definitely worth the money and after a little practice you will actually save $ by not going out to get a bad espresso.
Great Taste, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean
Small Water Container
(Posted on 3/26/10)