Rancilio Epoca E Automatic Commercial Espresso Machine
Availability: In stock
Please Note: Please allow a minimum of 1-3 business days for processing prior to shipment. If you need this item by a specific date, please contact us so we can be certain your needs will be met. Thank you!
The Epoca E Automatic espresso machine is a high-tech Rancilio model, complying with the most advanced technical requirements. Stylish by design and easy to operate, it has all the outstanding qualities of Rancilio coffee machines combining electronics with traditional hardware for higher performance. The machine body is now rust-proof, scratch-proof and wear-resistant for years of usage.
How the Epoca E Espresso Machine Works
- Semi-Automatic (S) - This version is what you might commonly find in your typical coffee shop, where time and water quantity are all controlled by the barista during extraction. No need to worry about pressure profiles, as these machines will take care of that for you at a standard 9 bars.
- Semi-Automatic Tank (ST) - This version has the same features as the Semi-Automatic but does not require a water source as the water tank is built into the unit.
- Automatic (E) - This version will take a lot of the guess work out of your extraction variables by setting water quantity profiles that will keep everything much more consistent across the board. This sort of machine is considered quite a bit easier to use.
Features & Functionality of the Rancilio Epoca E Automatic Espresso Machine
- Independent heat exchangers: The Rancilio Epoca E comes with independent heat for each group head, ensuring that every espresso shot is brewed at a consistent temperature, giving you the best tasting shot possible.
- Boiler Pressure Gauge: Know when your machine is ready with this visible gauge on the front for checking the boiler pressure and automatic water level.
- Cup Warmer: The top of this machine functions perfectly as a cup warmer, with about enough space to hold nine shot glasses or several cappuccino cups.
- Pod Adaptable: No Grinder? No problem! simply get the pod adapter, and make great espresso with this unit.
- C-Lever: Ergonomic steam knob with open-stay and open-close functions. Using just a 25 degree turn, it's easy on your barista's wrist. Turn it upwards it will lock in an open position, turning downwards allows a feathered control so the barista is in full control of the steaming process.
- Grid System: To make cleaning and maintenance easier, Rancilio has equipped all its products with a revolutionary work surface on the drip tray. The grids are easy to remove and dishwasher safe.
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rancilio Epoca E Commercial Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Rancilio espresso machines and grinders
- 2 Years (Silvia and Rocky)
- 1 Year (Commercial-class machines and grinders)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
The Silvia and Rocky are eligible for SCG's standard warranty support and service. Learn more about what's covered.
All other espresso machines and grinders are covered by a limited, commercial-class warranty. For more information on service and support, please discuss with your commercial sales rep.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Silvia only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rancilio Epoca E Commercial Espresso Machine
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Back flush group heads daily
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily
- Soap out the drip tray every few days
- Clean the filter basket each week
- Keep the steam wand clean; make sure to wipe it down after each use
Tech Specs for the Rancilio Epoca E Commercial Espresso Machine
|Options||1 Gr||2 Gr|
|Power||110 volts, 1600 watts||220 volts, 4300 watts|
|Amps||15 amp circuit required||20 amp circuit required|
|Size||15 H x 22 D x 19 W||19 H x 22 D x 31 W|
|Weight||77 pounds||177 pounds|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Capacity||4 liters||11 liters|
A solid commercial machineReview by Martin
Quality Price Value
One of my favorite coffee shops in town uses one of these, and it pulls excellent shots day after day. This machine is a solid performer and a good choice for any shop looking for professional machine at a reasonable price. They are easy to service and have proven very reliable. The Rancilio name enjoys an excellent reputation in the industry for good reason.
(Posted on 2/9/13)
Rancilio Epoca review..Review by Howard
Price Value Quality
This is my second machine replacing a Faema Smart. All in all, this machine seems to perform well. This machine produces steam very well and pulls shots well. I am a bit disappointed by the large amounts of ABS plastics used however based on the price point and with all commercial components under the hood, an excellent buy indeed. I am probably going to keep this machine awhile until another one with more glitz rolls in.
(Posted on 12/21/12)