What other manufacturer knows more about sating the throngs of coffee addicts lined up outside your cafe in the bleary morning hours? Rancilio moves beyond high-end commercial espresso makers with their professional line of grinders so that you can control everything about the shots of liquid energy your baristas craft for your customers.
The MD 50 is a Semi-Automatic grinder constructed of die-cut aluminum wrapped in polished steel and topped with a super-large, blue tinted and UV protected bean hopper designed to hold over a pound of roasted espresso beans. Appointed with tempered steel grinding plates that shred through beans, the MD 50 can produce over 19 pounds of fresh espresso in the span of an hour. Rounding out its features, the integrated doser makes it easy for the busy barista to tap out just the right amount of grounds into the waiting portafiliter or press. Simply put, this grinder is a must-have for any cafe looking for quality, consistency and productivity from their grinder.
How the Rancilio MD 50 Commercial Burr Grinder Works
- Fill the bean hopper with beans
- Adjust to the appropriate setting
- Turn on grinder
- Read the manufacturer manual for full instructions on operation
Features & Functionality of the Rancilio MD 50 Commercial Burr Grinder
Discover the professional features and automatic functionality that makes Rancilio grinders the preferred choice among some of the world's finest cafes.
- Commercial Capacity: The powerful motor and grinder unit of this machine can turn beans into espresso in two seconds flat. Designed to deliver over 19 pounds of ground coffee in an hour, there isn't a coffee shop or cafe around able to provide demand that exceeds the Rancilio's ability to deliver.
- Steel Burr Grinder: The heavy duty 75mm burr grinding plates are made of tempered steel and operate at a super low RPM (rotations per minute) to prevent unnecessary heat build-up and transfer to your coffee beans. The grinder's motor is housed in thermal protection to prevent overheating.
- Coffee Dosing System: The MD 50's dosing system adjusts from 5 to 10 grams per dose.
- Fully-Automatic: This fully automatic grinder has a sensor in the dosing chamber, which automatically turns the coffee grinder on and off so you can keep a usable amount of ground coffee in the dosing chamber.
- Great Bean Hopper: Made of blue tinted molded plastic with a black lid, the Rancilio hopper keeps 2 pounds of coffee beans well sealed so they remain fresh and ready to grind. The blue tint is designed to prevent UV rays from damaging the beans while they are in the hopper.
- Color: Silver and Black
- Power: 450 Watts @110 Volts
- Size: 6.1" x 14.1" x 20.61"
- Weight: 27.5 pounds
- Body Material: Die-cast Aluminum and Steel
- Origin: Italy
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rancilio MD 50 Commercial Burr Espresso Grinder
|What it Covers:||
Rancilio espresso machines and grinders
- 2 Years (Silvia and Rocky)
- 1 Year (Commercial-class machines and grinders)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
The Silvia and Rocky are eligible for SCG's standard warranty support and service. Learn more about what's covered.
All other espresso machines and grinders are covered by a limited, commercial-class warranty. For more information on service and support, please discuss with your commercial sales rep.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Silvia only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your grinder's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product, such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm soap and water as needed
Videos Featuring the Rancilio MD 50 Commercial Burr Espresso Grinder
Fantastic grinder for my cafe!!!Review by Andre
Quality Value Price
I use this grinder at my cafe, Coffee & Crepes. It has performed flawlessly in the years I have owned it!
Great Taste, Commercial Grade, Easy To Use
(Posted on 7/8/11)
Just the best!Review by madhof
Quality Value Price
It's perfect in every way. The hopper is BIG. Ability to control & fine tune grind is easy. Easy to clean. Built solid like a tank. No flimsy parts. Nobody else does a UV coating on the hopper to protect the beans from light: great idea. Worth every penny.
Easy To Use, Easy To Clean, Commercial Grade
(Posted on 11/25/10)