Rancilio. It's the most recognized name in commercial-quality espresso machines and grinders. And now, the company has packaged all the professional features and functionality that they're famous for into its latest line of Rocky grinders. The Rocky Doser Coffee Grinder is ideal for the coffee enthusiast looking to step up from the basic grocery-store grind and commit to having better control over grinding. Featuring 55mm burr grinding plates crafted of the finest tempered steel, the Rocky is designed to deliver 55 different types of quality grounds at the press of a button, all without imparting additional heat during the process. Rocky's large, UV-resistant bean hopper holds more than a half a pound of beans so you won't have to stop mid-grind during a large dinner party for a refill. As for its doser functionality, you'll have the ability to tap out the right amount of grounds into the portafilter and then go straight to your espresso machine in mere seconds.
Features & Functionality of the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder
- Commercial Quality Grinding Burrs: The tempered steel grinding plates rotate at super slow speeds to prevent heat build-up, which can ruin your perfectly roasted beans. The hugely productive motor is also insulated to prevent overheating.
- Excellent Home Hopper: The compact hopper is blue-tinted for UV protection of your beans, but still easily see-through for monitoring of your bean level. The hopper holds over .5lbs of beans, and lifts off for easy cleaning.
- 55 Ways to Grind: A twist of the grind dial on the Rocky gives you 55 levels of control over the output of the grinder. The ultra-fine threading allows you the versatility of going from espresso to drip to French press coffee brewing, and every other type between!
- Quiet, Powerful and Safe: Rancilio designs for commercial use, and that means creating motors and grinders that emit as little noise as possible. The Rocky Grinder is no exception, and is one of the quietest available. Safety is just as important, with the balance of the grinding elements designed to prevent rocking and torque. Should the grinding mechanism jam or become overheated, a thermal protection devise shuts it down to prevent damage to the motor or the grinding mechanisms.
- Dosing Lever: Quickly and easily twist out seven ounces of fresh ground espresso using the lever on the side of the Rocky.
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Minimum Time to Grind Double Shot||20 to 30 seconds|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||19.0000|
|RPM of Burrs||1725 RPM|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||.66 pounds|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder
|What it Covers:||
Rancilio espresso machines and grinders
- 2 Years (Silvia and Rocky)
- 1 Year (Commercial-class machines and grinders)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Silvia and Rocky are eligible for SCG's standard warranty support and service. Learn more about what's covered.
All other espresso machines and grinders are covered by a limited, commercial-class warranty. For more information on service and support, please discuss with your commercial sales rep.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Silvia only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product, such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm soap and water as needed.
Pretty GoodReview by Nick
Quality Value Price
Overall I am enjoying my Rocky. It grinds well enough for me to pull beautiful crema laden doubles and triples. It is a pain to get at the screws to remove the hopper for cleaning. The doser likes to pitch grounds to the left. I removed the portafilter hook (2 simple screws) and can now manuever the portafilter enough to distribute the coffee evenly. I wish the doser wasn't so noisey and that the shoot coming from the burrs was designed to empty out. I currently dig in their with a paperclip to clean it out. I guess for someone who doesn't dose by weight this is not a huge issue unless you only drink a shot every few days. I had thought about returning this for the doserless Rocky or Vario but in the end chose to stay with my Rocky. All in all it serves me well and I am happy with it.
Noisy,Hard To Clean
(Posted on 6/4/12)