Sturdy stainless steel casing, brass components throughout and a commercial-grade steam wand make the Rancilio Silvia Version 3 one of the most popular machines on the market. Simple, reliable and powerful, the Silvia espresso machine produces excellent espresso and silky microfoam milk for your lattes and cappuccinos. This version comes with an installed PID controller for greater consistency. Installed by our own Seattle Coffee Gear tech department before the Rancilio Silvia is sent to you, the PID enables you to control the temperature variance on this machine by as little as one degree.
Features & Functionality of the Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Steaming/Hot Water: Featuring a commercial grade chrome-plated steam wand, the Rancilio Silvia quickly delivers plenty of steam for milk frothing and hot boiling water for your Americano or a cup of tea.
- Brew Group: Inspired by Rancilio's professional espresso machines, this chrome-plated brass group ensures even heat and water distribution, resulting in highly consistent espresso extraction.
- Pressure Release System: The commercial-grade pressure relief system utilizes a 3-way solenoid valve which makes for easier cleanup — either by reducing splatter from an inadvertently removed portafilter or by reducing post-brew drip, effecting a dried out coffee ground "puck."
- 67 oz. Water Tank: The water reservoir is removable, making for easy regular care. You can fill it while operating or by taking it out and filling it from the sink.
- 15 BAR Heavy Duty Pump: A powerful water pump will effectively force water through your coffee grounds and extract full flavor.
- 12 oz. Brass Boiler and Three Thermostats: Brass evenly distributes heat, so this boiler will get up to temperature quickly and easily maintain it through multiple repetitive uses. The thermostats monitor the espresso, steam and boiler heat to ensure excellent espresso extraction without worrying about overheating.
- Stainless Steel Construction: Brushed stainless steel case, rust resistant steel frame, stainless steel bolts and screws and only the finest fittings and tubing give this machine a sleek, industrial and functional design.
- Plug n Play: Requiring no special plumbing or electrical outlets, you can easily plug the Silvia right in and it's ready to operate.
- Portafilter and Filter Baskets: The Silvia comes with a commercial-grade, heavy-duty chrome plated brass portafilter and two stainless steel filter baskets (one for single shot, one for double shot) which measure 58mm in diameter.
- Drip/Cup Tray and Warmer: The stainless steel drip pan and cup tray are easy to remove and clean. Plus, a warming surface on the top of the machine gives you a space to warm your cup before you pour your espresso, keeping it at the right temperature — an essential element of fine espresso.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The Rancilio Silvia produces ideal shots, but it takes a little more work because of its specific grind requirement. Be prepared to dial in your grind every time you use a new bag of beans, and to use fresh beans for the best flavor.|
|Model Number||RAN-Silvia V3|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.0 inches|
|Boiler Volume||12 oz|
|Reservoir Size||67 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3 minutes and 27 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Can you pull multiple shots in succession? May 16, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Rancilio espresso machines and grinders
- 2 Years (Silvia and Rocky)
- 1 Year (Commercial-class machines and grinders)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
The Silvia and Rocky are eligible for SCG's standard warranty support and service. Learn more about what's covered.
All other espresso machines and grinders are covered by a limited, commercial-class warranty. For more information on service and support, please discuss with your commercial sales rep.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Silvia only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
User Manuals for your Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Articles Featuring the Rancilio Silvia Espresso machine
Videos Featuring the Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Loving My Silvia w/ PIDReview by Nick
Quality Value Price
I am very pleased with my Silvia with PID control. I have been training myself for over 3 weeks now on pulling shots and steaming milk. I have been workingon my Latte Art skills and after 3 weeks I am doing very well. Silvia is able to give me beautiful tiger striped pulls from my bottomless portafilter. Price wise it was well worth the money. Silvia steams milk very nicely and pulls very nice shots once you understand how to use her. I wish she was able to steam and brew at the same time but I can work around that. In the future I will probably purchase a machine that can do both at once and has a bigger boiler but for now she is serving me well.
Commercial Grade,Great Taste,Easy To Clean
Noisy,Small Water Container,Can't brew steam 2gthr,Small Boiler
(Posted on 6/4/12)