Built with the commercial-grade components and handmade craftsmanship you've come to expect from Rocket Espresso, the Rocket R58 Dual Boiler offers you double boiler functionality and dual PID temperature control — all in a plumbable, classically styled chrome and stainless-steel housing. Features of the new V2 model include a stronger chassis complete with nylon rails for a seamless drip tray fit, an upgraded magnetic drip tray closure, and an updated control board for optimized steaming and brewing.
Features & Functionality of the Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine - V2
- Dual Boiler: Working independently for both brewing and steaming, the dual boiler along with thermo siphon system design allows for stability in the espresso boiler and increased levels of steam pressure and hot water from the service boiler. The brewing boiler holds 0.58 liters while the hot water/steam boiler holds 1.7 liters.
- Dual PID Temperature Control: Program steam and brew boilers with an electronic remote-control PID that plugs into the side of the machine and does not interfere with the R58's classic styling.
- Commercial Rotary Pump: Quieter than most other rotary pumps, the R58's pump gives you the ability to adjust the pump pressure with the external pressure adjustment controls while monitoring through the pressure gauges.
- Pre-Infusion: To extract the full flavor and aroma when you brew your espresso, the R58 has a dual pre-infusion system encompassing a working piston and static pre-infusion chamber.
- Pressure Gauges: With two pressures gauges on the face of the R58, one monitors the pump while the other monitors the boiler pressure.
- Commercial Parts: Keeping up to its high standards, Rocket made sure that the R58 was made of quality commercial parts, including the E-61 brewhead, rotary pump and heavy weight portafilter (with single and double baskets).
- Plumb It!: Standard with a 2.5 liter water reservoir, a control switch allows you to plumb the R58 right into your kitchen's water line.
- Upgraded and Additional Steam Tip: The steam tip now features a 1.2mm diameter hole, and you get a replacement tip for down the road!
- Handcrafted: Each machine is unique and hand crafted in Italy. Small warps in the case are normal and part of each machine's unique assembly process.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
An electronic PID guarantees consistent temperature regulation for each boiler, handy when making a wide variety of beverages in a short time frame. An upgraded rotary pump eliminates back pressure from the boiler and makes this machine plumbable.
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||Steam: 1.7 liter | Group: .58 liter|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 liter|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Really thinking about this machine for home use and settings like small events. Seems to be fairly on par with the La Marzocco GS/3, which is surprising with such a drastic difference in price point.
One question I do have concerns pre-infusion. Is this just a built in pre-infusion? Can you control it or set the time yourself?
Any other additional thoughts would be great! Mar 12, 2013
I shared all my experience and posted it on coffeegeek dot com (SCG doesn't allow to post a link of a website). You can find it in the forum under "rocket R58 v2 experience sharing". Hope it will help. Mar 29, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Rocket Espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
User Manuals for your Rocket Dual Boiler R58 Espresso Machine
Videos Featuring the Rocket R 58 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
Articles Related to the Rocket R58 Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
Wow!!! What a machine!!Review by Espresso NOOB
Price Value Quality
This is my first and only espresso machine. I tried something that was a few hundred dollars less at first, and was very disappointed. The R58 is amazing. Café Crema is my favorite drink and It took me a while to learn to get decent results. My wife loves Cappuccino and needless to say, it also was quite a task for me to learn to steam milk with good results. That's all learning curve stuff, but the R58 made it a pleasure to learn on. Loads of steam, perfect pressure all the time every time....even when making 1 drink after another. At first I was surprised by the small size of the water boiler, but the recovery time on it is amazing. I opted to plumb the water feed and drain and even though it made the install a bit more complicated, I'm so glad I did. This machine is made with all top of the line commercial components. It's truly a work of art.
(Posted on 5/11/13)
EXCELLENT EXPRESSO MACHINEReview by Veronica V.
Price Value Quality
This is Excellent machine... the finish and construction is so beautiful, is like jelewery in our kitchen.
we are very happy.
The ROCKET R 58 is like a Ferrari strong and powerful
vs with (Expobar Brewtus IV-R) is 100% diferency.
Thank you so much Seattlecoffeegear excellent service....
♥ ♥ ♥
Excelente maquina de cafe, el acabado y la construccion es hermosa, es una joya en nuestra cocina.
estamos muy contentos.
The ROCKET R58 es como un Ferrari fuerte y poderoso
comparada con (Expobar Brewtus IV-R) es 100% total diferencia.
Muchas gracias Seattlecoffeegear por su excelente servicio.
(Posted on 4/20/13)
Fantastic machine!Review by Mudgey
Price Value Quality
This is a fantastic machine, it is really solidly built and weighs a ton. The finish is awesome and looks fantastic in our kitchen. During the first few times using the machine I found a puddle of water growing on the counter top under the machine. A quick call to SCG soon determined that the metal pug in the bottom of the drip tray needed to be tightened, doing this cured the problem.
My only question is why the brew head pressure gauge only ever gets to the bottom of the green section of the dial. So what is the rest of the green section needed for?
All I need to do now is to be able to pull great shots consistently and this is down to me.!
(Posted on 4/12/13)