Looking for a little flexibility in your life? The Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione model has just that with its easily convertible water source functionality. Set up the Cellini Evoluzione to use the internal water reservoir or plumb it directly into a water source. Rounding out this upgraded semi-automatic machine's features: a quieter rotary pump, dual gauges for both boiler and brew head pressure readings, the renowned E-61 brew group and an included high-quality metal tamper.
Features & Functionality of the Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione
- Insulated Boiler: This reflects up to a 30 percent increase in thermal stability and energy savings of up to 22 percent.
- Copper Boiler: A 1.8 liter copper boiler is now wrapped in a special insulating blanket.
- Upgraded Tamper: These machines now include a metal tamper that is up to par with the style and quality of the Rocket Espresso brand.
- Stainless Steel Case: Finely crafted polished AISI 304 stainless-steel housing is beautiful and highly durable.
- Professional-Class E-61 Brew Head: The legendary E-61 brew group features a solid, lead-free brass end plate that aids in thermal stability and heat retention.
- Dual Pre-Infusion System: Mechanical pre-infusion system has a progressively working piston and static pre-infusion chamber, resulting in smooth coffee extraction and superior aroma, body and crema.
- Rotary Pump: Pump features a special device to eliminate backpressure from the boiler, preventing blocks.
- Stainless Steel Nozzles: Steam wand with a two-hole tip and hot water wand are internally insulated so you won't burn yourself on them after use.
- Removable Cup Rack: You can pull off the cup rack to reduce the espresso machine's height.
- Large, Easy-Access Water Reservoir: Easily access the 98-ounce water reservoir via the separate lid — you won't have to take all the cups off the top of your espresso machine in order to refill it.
- Low Water Sensor: Level control cuts the power circuit if water is low, with a microprocessor that automatically controls the level of the boiler and water reservoir. A low water level warning will let you know when you need to refill.
- Generously Dimensioned: 20 percent higher volume (compared to other machines on the market) is paired with optimum thermosyphon system to quickly heat up and provide superior extraction.
- Handcrafted: Each machine is unique and hand crafted in Italy. Small warps in the case are normal and part of each machine's unique assembly process.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Evoluzione V2 line features the same upgraded rotary pump as the R58, eliminating back pressure from the boiler and making it plumbable.
|Width||With Cup Rail: 12.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 12.0 inches|
|Depth||With Cup Rail: 17.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 17.0 inches|
|Height||With Cup Rail: 16.5 inches | Without Cup Rail: 15.0 inches|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||98 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rocket Espresso Celllini Evoluzione
|What it Covers:||
Rocket Espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
User Manuals for your Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione Espresso Machine V2
Videos Featuring the Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione Espresso Machine V2
Bellissimo!Review by Thaddeus
Price Value Quality
After years of service, my Silvia needed to retire.Good old girl.
The Cellini is everything I hoped it would be and more.
Yes, there is a short learning curve as with anything new.This machine does gulp water so I put nylon gliders on the feet to pull it from under the cabinets above.Very heavy,easy to fill now.
Had to tighten the nut on the drip tray also.No more drips.
My big concern was shipping. It came VERY well packed .This comes in a very large box.Be prepared!
Thanks to everyone at SCG.
(Posted on 5/9/13)
Excellent Machine!Review by Robert
Price Value Quality
The Cellini Evo has been an excellent machine. I had only one problem out of the box, which was a wire that came loose during shipping that wouldn't autofill the boiler. SCG's friendly tech walked me thru finding the problem and was up and running in minutes.
I have no regrets with this purchase. My only complaint is the drain plug in the drip tray. It does not seal completely and I was always finding water on the counter. Since I cannot plumb the machine at this time, I took the supplied drain hose and put it in a container under the counter. This ended up working better than constantly dumping the tray.
If you are trying to decide on this model versus the premium, I can tell you that with a heat exchanger machine, you will eventually want to plumb in due to the amount of water used with cooling flushes, etc. Average use is about six shots throughout the day and we fill it up every night. Is the rotary pump quiet? Yes. It's quieter than the Jura Ena 5 right next to it and a Nespresso Pixie we used to have.
(Posted on 4/12/13)
Buy it again? You bet!Review by Rock D
Quality Price Value
I really enjoy coffee in many forms and after a long debate decided to purchase the Cellini. The rotary pump is quiet, the looks sharp, and the espresso very good. It is an impressive machine in all facets. Frothing to micro foam is at a perfect speed for average me being your average non-barista foamer. Easy to keep clean. I may plumb the drip tray as it is small, but the water reservoir is decently sized. I only gave four stars for price as it is not the least expensive machine out there, but I think it was worth it. Plus, I am generally frugal and this was a stretch. But, I am enjoying everything from Americano to single shot from the comfort of my office. Fast learning curve.
(Posted on 3/13/13)
Outstanding and much better than v1Review by Neal
Quality Price Value
I bought a Cellini v1 about a year ago and love it. I decided to get a machine for my office and leave the v1 at home. I got the v2 evo cellini and wow, it is amazing! It is MUCH better than the v1, the shots extract faster, the steam is stronger, and the machine is much quieter and I don't hear the pressure relief valve every 30-60 seconds like on the v1. The espresso's are better than perfect (okay, they're good) and I could not be happier than I am with this machine.
My first one showed up defective, SCG replaced it and the second one is perfect. The only feedback is the new tamper that comes with v2 should be stainless steel (and polished) - in case Rocket is listening as the coffee sticks to the one that they provide.
I'm very pleased! If you own a v1 and you're reading this, GET THE V2!!!! They nailed it and it's fantabulous :)
(Posted on 1/31/13)
Great espresso and its very pretty!Review by Nate
Quality Value Price
Our new Rocket arrived on Friday and we spent the weekend using our new Cellini Evoluzione V2. We did a lot of research before making the purchase and went straight for the Rocket Cellini as opposed to starting with a Breville, Rancillio, etc and then spending more to upgrade a year or two later. So far, its great machine! We were able to pull good shots after only two tries. We really like the quiet rotary pump and option to direct plumb in the future. This machine makes a great combination when paired with a Mazzer grinder.
We did notice a couple minor details during the first weekend of use. First, the Rocket badge on the front of the machine is definitely crooked. Second, there is a piece of insulation that sits between the brew head and the front of the machine and it appears to be installed a bit crooked and is sticking out from the behind the brew head a bit on the right side. These are minor cosmetic issue and we are completely satisfied with the Cellini! Great shots and plenty of instantaneous steam.
Great Taste, Rotary pump, Easy To Use, Large Water Container, Quiet
(Posted on 5/13/12)