Sometimes the best just keeps getting better! Rocket has once again exceeded expectations by creating the Giotto Premium Plus with PID. The clear successor to the Giotto Premium Plus V2, this updated model features an integrated PID for a more precise brewing temperature. To maintain its elegant design, Rocket strategically placed the PID controller inside the drip tray. No need to constantly fuss with the temperature! Just set the controller to your ideal brewing temperature, install the drip tray and forget it.
Features & Functionality of the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
- Dual Pressure Gauges: A barometer for both the steam pump and brew boiler allows you to visibly see the amount of pressure applied while brewing or steaming.
- Legendary E-61 Brew Head: This highly sought-after brew head is commercial grade and sure to last.
- Pre-Infusion System: Rocket's dual pre-infusion system works to make a smooth shot of espresso with excellent body and crema.
- Insulated Boiler: The added insulation works to increase heat retention, reducing wait time between shots.
- Heavy Duty Boiler The 1.8 liter boiler is constructed of pure copper and made with two lead free brass end plates. The end plates, plus the added boiler insulation help increase thermal retention.
- Cup Rack: Removable cup rack is included and is easily installed. The cup rack can also be left off if you require a little less height on your machine.
- Integrated PID: Not so secretly hidden inside the drip tray and available for control over your brewing temperature.
- Control Light: Located at the bottom left corner of the machine, this light illuminates green when the machine is on and flashes when the water level is low.
- Large Water Reservoir: Via the separate lid, easily access the removable water reservoir without clearing your cups from the cup warmer.
- Hot Water: Both the Rocket Giotto & Cellini Premium Plus with PID feature a sturdy hot water wand for instant Americanos or hot chocolate (for the sweet tooth in the house!).
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The Rocket Giotto Premium Plus with PID is essentially a Giotto Premium Plus V2, with an integrated PID for temperature control.|
|Tips and Tricks||What Your PID Is Trying to Tell You:
|Width||With Cup Rail: 13.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 13.0 inches|
|Depth||With Cup Rail: 17.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 17.0 inches|
|Height||With Cup Rail: 16.5 inches | Without Cup Rail: 15.0 inches|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||50.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||98 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||11 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||11 minutes|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
I'm floating between the Premium Plus V3 with PID, or the Evolution with rotary pump, which do you think matters most? Rotary pump or PID? Why didn't rocket do the Evolution with PID, would have been a much easier choice! :)
Thanks Scott May 1, 2014
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/rocket-dual-boiler-r58-espresso-machine May 1, 2014
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
|What it Covers:||
Rocket Espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
User Manuals for your Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
It's not Rocket ScienceReview by Melanie
Price Value Quality
We moved and had to part with our reliable Nuovel Simonelle 15 year old pro machine. The Oscar, it's foray into theoconsumer market place seemed like a great replacement. Giving up a plumbed in machine for a reservoir is always a leap of faith. I had done extensive research and the Rocket had some more uptodate features but I wasn't sure. A long talk with the experts at Seattle which features both machines convinced me. We took the Rocket. It arrived, we plugged it in, started it up and it flooded. The coffee mavens at Seattle were appalled. The replacement was on its way before we delivered the defective one to Fedex. The machine is a relevation! Coffee is tastier,milk achieves a thickness we didn't know was possible and the people at Seattle are there to answer even our dumbest questions.
(Posted on 8/18/14)
nice espresso makeReview by Valerie
Price Value Quality
Bought mine about 10 years ago. It has had no problems and makes great espresso beverages.
(Posted on 6/8/14)
Rocket Espresso Giotto V3 - Magnificent!Review by Tomasi
Price Value Quality
I was really bummed when I burned up my trusty Rancilio Silvia, though I admit I'd been thinking about upgrading her for a while. I did some research and settled on Giotto... and I'm glad I did! Of course the price tag was daunting, but the machine is just extraordinary (though SCG DID have the best price I could find). I pumped about 6oz of beans through it dialing in my grind and tamp, and I'm pulling better shots than I ever did with poor deceased Silvia. HINT: it took me a while to figure out how to actually use the pump pressure gauge to help with that dialing in process. Don't forget it's there! Could have gotten it right much faster if I'd paid attention earlier.
Steaming is great too; that boiler is a beast. And because of the heat exchanger I can now do our morning combo of a double espresso for me and latte for my wife in about 1/4 the time.
And it looks great on my countertop!
(Posted on 4/14/14)