A certified refurbished Saeco Poemia is an excellent way to build your budding barista skills. A great learning machine, it is easy to use and forgiving of many rookie mistakes. With a pressurized portafilter, there is no need to perfectly tamp your espresso in order to pull a great shot. The built-in panarello will have you making lattes for your friends in no time! Taking design cues from higher end Saeco machines, the Poemia is stylish, compact and affordable.
This is a Certified Refurbished Espresso Machine
This video may feature a different model year. There may be variations in color, features and included items.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Poemia Espresso Machine - Certified Refurbished
- Easy to Make Espresso and Coffee: Fill the portafilter basket to level with finely ground espresso and twist onto the brew head. Depress the brew button to start brewing and then press again to stop. Easy Serving Espresso (E.S.E) pod friendly for easy clean up and accessiblity.
- Frothing Wand for Easy Foam: Simply place the frothing tip (panarello) into a milk pitcher and open the steaming knob to begin steaming milk. The specially designed wand will automatically froth the milk to the desired temperature and foaminess. The wand is mounted on a swivel for easy steaming access.
- Saeco's Patented Aluminum Pressurized Portafilter Design: Typically a very fine grind of espresso (from an expensive grinder) and 30 pounds of tamp are required to achieve and ideal shot of espresso. The Poemia's heavy-duty pressurized portafilter does away with that concern by pressurizing the brewing chamber to improve extraction from almost any fineness of ground beans, promoting the perfect brewing conditions. A non-pressurized portafilter is also available for those that are into tamping their own grinds.
- Powerful Pump For Consistent Shot Extraction: The Poemia boasts a powerful vibratory pump rated at 15 BAR of pressure, the same pump found on top of the line Saeco espresso machines to pull maximum flavor from the coffee beans.
- Safe, Rapid Recovery Boiler: The Poemia has a large stainless steel, 950-watt quick recovery boiler. And the boiler also incorporates a thermal fuse to shut down the heating element should the machine run dry during operation.
- Cup Warmer: Allows you to store your cups and glasses on top of the machine and it also pre-heats them to keep your brewed beverage toasty warm.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
This little machine is in the same league as the Aroma and Venezia, but takes design cues from the Saeco Xelsis, featuring a compact metal and plastic casing. It inherited a panarello wand from its superautomatic cousins, making microfoam a breeze, however with mobility limited to left to right motions, larger frothing pitchers are difficult to maneuver.
|Tips and Tricks||
When you place your water tank back in your machine, make sure that you place the filter below the water line or else you'll find water leaking everywhere.
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches|
|Reservoir Size||42 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
|Material||Metal and Plastic|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Saeco Poemia Espresso Machine - Certified Refurbished
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Rocket Espresso, Rancilio Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Poemia Espresso Machine - Certified Refurbished
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Wash all removable components with soap and water on a regular basis. (Many are not dishwasher safe.)
- Remove and clean the panarello wand weekly.
- Clean brew head with group head brush weekly.
User Manuals for your Saeco Poemia Espresso Machine - Certified Refurbished
Videos Featuring the Saeco Poemia Espresso Machine - Certified Refurbished
Perfect machine to start withReview by JNewville
Quality Price Value
After doing lot and lots of research I finally decided on the Poemia for my first espresso machine. I didn't need all the bells and whistles on the expensive machines but I still wanted to to control some of the aspects of my espresso. The pressurized portafilter is a great starting point for someone who has not made espresso before. While the overall construction is a bit "cheap" being plastic, I can't complain because I only paid $89.00 for it. I think if you take the time to learn about the machine, it's limitations and its strengths I think anyone would be happy with it. Having used many different types of beans they all seem to work great. If you are looking to upgrade down the road you can always get the non-pressurized portafilter to practice with. Make sure you get a tamper as well, because the scoop/tamper that comes with it is useless. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would recomend it to anyone.
(Posted on 2/8/14)
MehReview by Odiejuan
Quality Price Value
Essentially the filter handle was so difficult to make seat properly and remove that the great price of this machine made it not worth the hassle for me to own considering the fact i would be performing this act 6X/day. Its nice and compact but the reservoir lid only sat on the machine instead of snapping on, the drip pan is the same, and overall felt a bit cheaply made. All of these issues could have been overlooked if it were not so difficult to use. i have used and owned several machines. It sucked that I had to return it, but what made it worse is the return shipping for me was $30 plus i incurred the original shipping price of $12 so i got a $42 lesson not to purchase a $99 espresso machine. Sad.
(Posted on 2/4/14)