No need for the Crown of Rassilon when you can just use your fingerprint to control the Saeco Xelsis superautomatic espresso machine. The Xelsis reads your "Digital ID" and loads your custom drink profile. It's wrapped in a polished stainless steel casing and has an elegant aesthetic that will work for home, office or time travel machine. The Xelsis features an intuitive touch-screen interface with six user profiles that can each have six custom beverages. (Think of it as sort of your personal beverage concierge.) The removable milk pitcher can be kept in the refrigerator between uses and we love that the machine automatically cleans itself after each use. To create your own microfoam, the Xelsis has a separate steaming/hot water wand (with no panarello) with extra strong steam pressure, something we have not seen on other superautomatic models we have tested in this category.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
- Animated Color Touch Interface: Select from six user profiles, each with six programmable beverages. The wide easy to read screen allows for simple beverage selection and intuitive set-up.
- Digital ID - Fingerprint Reader: Simply touch the fingerprint at the top of the machine to load you custom drink profile...what could be easier?
- Removable Milk Frothing Carafe with Automatic Cleaning Cycle: External container automatically froths milk into your cup. The top portion of the handle swivels to the left to dispense steamed milk directly into your cup during the brew cycle. When the handle is swiveled back to the container it automatically rinses itself to keep the container clean and clear of any milk clogs.
- Alternate Steaming and Hot Water Wand: The Xelsis has a dedicated hot water and alternate steaming wand with dedicated 2nd boiler for strong steaming power. The stainless steel wand does not include a panarello and is perfect for creating your own micro-foam.
- Removable Water Tank: 54 oz. removable water tank includes an Intenza water filter.
- Double Boiler System: The Xelsis has two stainless steel boilers that ensure there is always water at the right temperature for brewing, steaming, or dispensing hot water.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): Allows you to choose the strength and consistency of your coffee by turning a dial.
- Pre-ground Coffee Option: When you want to brew a quick batch of preground coffee, you can use the Xelsis' bipass doser located on the top of the machine.
- Aroma System: The Saeco Aroma System pre-wets your coffee grinds to ensure the best possible coffee extraction. This feature, also known as pre-infusion, can be turned off or on, or lengthened to suit your taste.
- Automatic Turn-on and Energy Save Functions: Your Saeco super automatic can be ready to brew right when you get up. You can also set it to shut down after a certain amount of time, so you never need to worry about wasting power.
- Protective Coffee Bean Hopper: The large coffee bean hopper has an airtight sealed lid with anti-UV coating keeps the bean fresh longer.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID is the only one of its kind with a steam wand.
|Depth||12.625 inches (without drip tray) | 16.375 inches (with drip tray)|
|Case Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||54 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 41 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||23 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - Optional, with Steam Wand|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 oz|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/lavazza-crema-e-aroma-whole-bean-large Dec 11, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
The independent coffee tasting organization Italian Tasters has certified Saeco's Xelsis, Exprelia and Intelia superautomatics as producing Espresso and Cappuccino Perfetto. Learn More.
Warranty Information for the Saeco Xelsis Stainless Steel One-Touch Digital ID
|What it Covers:||
Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Saeco|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-933-7876|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Xelsis Stainless Steel One-Touch Digital ID
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week. Alternatively, the Xelsis can automatically clean the brew group using Cafiza cleaning tablets.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can also be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.
User Manuals for your Saeco Xelsis Stainless Steel One-Touch Digital ID
Videos Featuring the Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
Great machineReview by lennyVail
Price Value Quality
this automatic espresso machine make the best whatever you want from a perfect shot to the greatest cappuccino!
they forgot my name at my favorite espresso bar since buying this machine! Digital ID is not really necessary ,but cool to have
(Posted on 7/4/13)