Super high-tech — the Xelsis reads your fingerprint and loads your custom drink profile — and sublimely high-end, Saeco's Refurbished Xelsis One Touch Digital ID Superautomatic is wrapped in polished stainless steel and has an elegant aesthetic that works for any well-designed home or work place setting. The Xelsis features an intuitive touch-screen interface with six user profiles that can each have six custom beverages. (Think of it as sort of your own personal beverage concierge.) The removable milk pitcher can be kept in the refrigerator between uses and we love that the machine automatically cleans itself after each use. To create your own microfoam, the Xelsis has a separate steaming/hot water wand (with no panarello) with extra strong steam pressure, something we have not seen on other superautomatic models we have tested in this category.
There may be variations with the certified refurbished model in features and included items.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
- Animated Color Touch Interface: Select from six user profiles, each with six programmable beverages. The wide easy to read screen allows for simple beverage selection and intuitive set-up.
- Digital ID - Fingerprint Reader: Simply touch the fingerprint at the top of the machine to load you custom drink profile...what could be easier?
- Removable Milk Frothing Carafe with Automatic Cleaning Cycle: External container automatically froths milk into your cup. The top portion of the handle swivels to the left to dispense steamed milk directly into your cup during the brew cycle. When the handle is swiveled back to the container it automatically rinses itself to keep the container clean and clear of any milk clogs.
- Alternate Steaming and Hot Water Wand: The Xelsis has a dedicated hot water and alternate steaming wand with dedicated 2nd boiler for strong steaming power. The stainless steel wand does not include a panarello and is perfect for creating your own micro-foam.
- Removable Water Tank: 54 oz. removable water tank includes an Intenza water filter.
- Double Boiler System: The Xelsis has two stainless steel boilers that ensure there is always water at the right temperature for brewing, steaming, or dispensing hot water.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): Allows you to choose the strength and consistency of your coffee by turning a dial.
- Pre-ground Coffee Option: When you want to brew a quick batch of preground coffee, you can use the Xelsis' bipass doser located on the top of the machine.
- Aroma System: The Saeco Aroma System pre-wets your coffee grinds to ensure the best possible coffee extraction. This feature, also known as pre-infusion, can be turned off or on, or lengthened to suit your taste.
- Automatic Turn-on and Energy Save Functions: Your Saeco super automatic can be ready to brew right when you get up. You can also set it to shut down after a certain amount of time, so you never need to worry about wasting power.
- Protective Coffee Bean Hopper: The large coffee bean hopper has an airtight sealed lid with anti-UV coating keeps the bean fresh longer.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Xelsis One Touch Digital ID is the only one of its kind with a steam wand.
|Depth||12.625 inches (without drip tray) | 16.375 inches (with drip tray)|
|Case Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||54 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 41 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||23 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - Optional, with Steam Wand|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 oz|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
I have been using the Xelsis (a reburbished unit) for about a week. My first impression is that it makes freshly ground and highly consistent shots with very little effort. The milk steaming is even more impressive. You get very smooth and silky foam with plenty of micro bubbles. The espresso or cappucinno is perfect each time. While the finished beverage is pretty near perfect, I don't think it is quite as hot. And that is probably the deal breaker for the purist.
This machine literally cleans itself. It rinses itself when you first crank it up and when you are done with the last shot. You keep the milk carafe in the fridge and it steam cleans the milk circuit when you have finished. Pretty amazing.
But it is not completely magic. This machine needs to be located in close proximity to a sink and fridge. You will be emptying the internal drip tray and dregs about every 6 shots. The milk carafe will work for about 6 beverages before refilling. And this unit likes to have plenty of water. I have an extra long hose and just use the sprayer hose from my sink to fill it. Plus you will want to do a more thorough cleaning once a week. You rinse the brew group with hot water and clean the drip trays and milk caraf with soap and water. I think the weekly clean-up is less involved than what I did on a daily basis for my manual equipment. Nov 18, 2013
I was skeptical regarding its ability to froth the milk, it's better than getting a cup @ Starbucks or your local cafe. I've been very impressed and will not go back to a manuel. Hopefully that helps! Nov 18, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Certified Refurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Rocket Espresso, Rancilio Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Certified Refurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week. Alternatively, the Xelsis can automatically clean the brew group using Cafiza cleaning tablets.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can also be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.