If you are into brewing and enjoying the very best drip coffee possible, the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741 is the machine for you. It is one of the few drip coffee makers certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America to brew at optimal temperatures. The KBT741 also has a thermal container to keep brewed coffee at the optimal temperature. The Technivorm is superbly constructed in Holland. This is one of the most durable and best quality coffee brewers we have ever tested, clearly built to last.
This is an Open Box product
Features & Functionality of the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741
- Brewing Temperature - Brewing temperature between 198-205°F and holding temperature between 176-185°F meeting the requirements of the ECBC/SCAE/SCAA
- State of the Art Brewing - 9-hole spray head wets the grounds in the filter basket. Brew cycle completes in 5 to 6 minutes. Filter holder has hand operated filter stop.
- Heavy Duty Boiler - Durable copper element with dual safety guard
- Easy Filter Options - Can be used with a reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or can use disposable paper filters
- Water Level - The Moccamaster KBT741 has an easy to read water level reservoir
- Thermal Carafe - Includes a thermal carafe that keeps the coffee fresh and hot. Indicator light shows when the carafe is in correct position to start brew cycle
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
We have numerous comparison videos, and you know we love this one, but your needs may vary.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
|Tips and Tricks||
The Technivorm KBT741 can "pre-infuse" by moving the manual mid-brew interrupt lever up for around 30 seconds before brewing.
|Reservoir Size||42 ounces|
|Max/Min Ounces per Pot||42 ounces max|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes|
|Available Carafe Styles||Stainless Steel|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Technivorm Moccamaster
|What it Covers:||
Technivorm coffee makers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Technivorm USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||[email protected]|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for your Technivorm Moccamaster
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.