The Ascaso Arc Fun espresso and cappuccino machine features simple-to-use controls, a powerful pump, a ground coffee holder and an espresso pod holder, an efficient heating element for steaming milk and making hot water, special milk frothing tip, a removable water tank, a cup tray, cup warming surface and a removable drip tray. All this functionality in a compact machine that is a good size for a space-challenged kitchen. It still performs like larger professional machines as demonstrated through good steaming ability and brewing results. It makes espresso drinks, including lattes, mochas, cappuccinos and all of your favorite coffee house drinks.
Features & Functionality of the Ascaso Arc Fun
- Simple Brewing Features: The Arc begins great coffee with the simple push of a button that starts the flow of espresso and continues until you have the desired amount of coffee. Durable buttons comprise the control panel and all the controls are logically arranged and simple to use. Several lights tell you when the machine is powered up and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Quality Brewing Group: The group head (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso's commercial espresso machines, the Arc group head evenly distributes heat and reduces “hotspots” for more temperature consistent espresso. It's also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy-Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets: Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Arc uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is a coffee holder for ground coffee and one for espresso pods. Single and double shot 57mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- Two Liter Water Tank: The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet. The water tank is located on the side to make easy clearance for cupboards.
- 16 BAR Water Pump: The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater: The Arc has a polished stainless steel cup tray and a drip pan underneath, both easy to remove and clean. The cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Brass Boiler: Made of heat distributing brass, this boiler can get up to temperature quickly and stay there, with a fast recycling time. Two thermostats control the temperature for espresso and for steam, and a third that specifically monitors the boiler to protect it from overheating if the machine is left unattended for long periods.
- Construction with Longevity In Mind: The Arc is constructed of steel that has been finished throughout with enamel paint. All of the components that make up the construction are designed for long life and low maintenance.
- Cleaning & Maintenance of Components: Additional Information - In order to keep the inside of your machine healthy; it must be periodically cleaned. Scale buildup from naturally occurring minerals in your water can build up on sensitive components like the inside of the boiler, which left unchecked can cause considerable damage to the machine. By descaling your machine every two-three months, your machine will be trouble-free for years. Espresso machine cleaner can be purchased from us or by calling the support number in your user guide.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||20.0000|
|Case Material||Powder Coated Steel & Chrome|
|Reservoir Size||2 liters|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - with adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Arc Fun
|What it Covers:||Ascaso equipment|
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Espresso 4 Home|
|Warranty Contact Information:||732-866-1781|
A common failure point on single boiler models is boiler burn out, which can occur if the boiler is not actively refilled with water. Unfortunately, this error is not covered under warranty, so please ensure that your boiler is regularly and properly refilled by steaming, purging and then brewing. Not sure how to do this? Watch Gail perform this process on the Ascaso Dream UP.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Ascaso Arc Fun
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Rinse portafilter and baskets after each use.
- Brush brew head gasket area weekly to remove any coffee build-up
User Manuals for your Ascaso Arc Fun Espresso Machine
Note: The instructional manuals for Ascaso are printed for worldwide distribution and covers almost every model produced worldwide. With this in mind, there may be features, accessories or colors available in Ascaso equipment in other countries, but not available in models produced for the United States.